Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Personality and overall attractiveness

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to think the 1-10 scale is objective (within maybe a point or two based on some personal tastes), because there are general features that are simply attractive in women in the eyes of men, and some that aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way man. For instance I am more attracted to asian girls, and they tend to go way up for me compared to other girls. My best friend only likes fat girls, so his scale is TOTALLY different than the vast majority. Some people are turned on by redheads, etc. The idea of an objective scale to cover attractiveness in ANY facet is pretty much [censored] imo.

This is sidetracking the thread a bit though, so if you'd like to continue this discussion make a new thread about it. I'll definitely post in it and I'm sure many others will be interested in the discussion as well.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:01 AM

No, you are taking the scale concept too far when you say it can't be objective.

Tests show that every race likes certain things, including even features for example -- one side of the face looking exactly like the other. And lots of other things. There really are objective standards held the world over for beauty.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Tests show that every race likes certain things, including even features for example -- one side of the face looking exactly like the other.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, isn't this kind of like saying that people should have 2 legs and a heartbeat? I mean, symmetrical face...that doesn't seem like a real detailed proof to me. Basically people don't like gross disfigurement, and I guess that's fairly constant.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:36 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

I love this girl.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:37 AM

Just an example. They also show that men like women with less square faces, a smaller span from chin to edge of lower lip, etc. I was thinking that my example would suffice, but perhaps not. When reading about this, I saw a detailed list, but because it has been talked about in OOT before, I thought I didn't need to elaborate more. You know how I can get with that, and I didn't want to push my luck.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:01 AM

You guys know the first main dude they show singing is pseudo-famous right? Pretty sure he does "I Love the 80's" type commentary about video games on Lifeskool (formerly MagRack) on Free on Demand on Optimum Cable.

As for the girl, this number [censored] is too confusing. I'd do her rotten, and I don't know how much that changed from beginning to end.

Also I think the video is phenomenal except for when they stop the music at the end.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard countless times from girls "I don't think xyz is hot because he/she is an a-hole."

[/ QUOTE ]

Do women really say this?
Overheard a couple of girls at a bar/club during spring-training. a bunch of NY Mets players were partying in there.
One commented that those Mets players who were around were pretty hot, but they're all a--holes.
Other one completely agreed.

I've also heard other women describe some guy as hot, be told, "you like him? He's a total a--hole!"
And then reply, "Yeah, but he's still hot."

Different topic but maybe somehow related is the idea that some women do seem to actually dig the a--holishness though.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:29 AM

I have heard countless girls say they don't think arrogance is bad and some even say they dig it.

I'd suggest it more for guys with money than not though. Poor and regular guys are as*holes vastly more often, and rich guys are easily segued into the "confident" pool.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 AM

I like the video a LOT. The amputee and publish 'zines guys are [censored] perfect.

And yea that one dude is famous and on TV and none of you know about it except me.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:01 AM

the girl in Winter Passing looks just like this chick.