Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: What do you fear?

1. Polar bears. I have been up close with grizzlies in the wild and am now only somewhat afraid of them. This summer I am going into polar bear country though and they are much much much nastier. Not so scared during the day as I will be carrying a rifle but I am terrified of being attacked at night in my tent.

2. Lightning. Had a bolt hit about 20 feet from me a while back. Now I am nervous on exposed ridges, etc.

3. Avalanches. I am not scared of anything when I am on skis apart from avalanches. Haven't been anywhere close to one yet (though have picked through the debris a few times) but am still scared.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:40 PM

Long list, I'm a freak.

1- Heights. I freak out looking down from a tall bridge or something like that. Also I'm generally not comfortable seeing people near the edge of cliffs or stuff like that.

2- Flying. Mostly just coasting. Taking off and landing doesn't [censored] with me. Also as discussed years ago with astroglide, I fully believe that if my plane starts to crash, I will stop it with the power of my mind.

3- I'm a total white knuckle passenger in a car. Like really bad. This is mostly just a control freak thing.

4- If I hear about something happening anywhere near where somebody I care about is, I get worried they were involved. Accident on I5 north, Spanaway Vin might have been in it and now I'm going to have a hint of concern until I see him the next day. Stuff like that. Very glad I didn't hear about the shooting in Moscow, Idaho last night until I'd already talked to my folks for an unrelated reason.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:57 PM

the possibility that emotionally disconnecting myself from the massive daily/weekly financial swings has left me incapable of being truly emotional about anything at all.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:30 PM

Spiders. Watching someone let a tarantula crawl up their arm just makes my skin crawl. Just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies.
What the hell are the heebie jeebies?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 PM

1. Heights - I have no problem riding roller coasters or flying in an airplane, but if I am anywhere near a ledge that is high in the sky, I freak out. At the CN tower in Toronto they have a glass floor section that you can walk on and look straight down. I couldn't bring myself to walk over it, or really look down through the glass for more than 1/2 a second.

2. Bees/Wasps - I [censored] hate these things. I have been stung a ton of times, and every time the pain isn't that bad, but the prospect of being stung just seems to be bad enough that I never want to get stung again so I duck, swat and dodge like a 3 year old girl.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:21 PM

1) bugs

2) hyperinflation
Old 05-20-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the possibility that emotionally disconnecting myself from the massive daily/weekly financial swings has left me incapable of being truly emotional about anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i've worried about this too. Dyou think it's prevalent? PM if you want to discuss!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
centipedes

[/ QUOTE ]

centipedes yo. dem nackas is freaky like DAYUM!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 PM

1) Spiders
2) Women
3) Spider-women
Old 05-20-2007, 11:25 PM

Being in deep, open water late at night.