Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: I keep hooking up with girls then not wanting anything to do with

[ QUOTE ]
The (few) times I've hooked up with girls I've experienced the same feeling. It's always worried me into thinking that I'd have difficulty with relationships, but then eventually I meet a girl like redhead and simply discover that I wasn't really interested in the girls I hooked up with, I just thought I was because unlike most girls they actually showed an interest in me.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it possible that maybe due to the rarity of hook-ups you are building up said hook-up to a point that it can never reach your subconscious expectations? this could lead to disgust for the girl purely out of dissapointment
Old 03-03-2007, 02:55 AM

dont mean to psycho-analyze here, but perhaps you subconsciously feel guilty about being so intimate with someone who you did not have an equal level of love for, so your mind wants to not be reminded of it etc so it pushes them away from you.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:09 AM

Sounds like you do mean to psycho-analyze, but you may well be right.

Cam
Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Re: I keep hooking up with girls then not wanting anything to do with them

If you are enjoying this than the only real problem I see is not being forthright afterwards. It would be nice if you were forthright beforehand and say, "This is going to be a one night deal," but nobody does that.

These girls will get the hint and move on quickly if you are abrupt. They are very needy and have little self-esteem. It won't take them long to get laid elsewhere and start clinging to someone else. It is a hassle for you and them to avoid dumping them. Just tell them "I enjoyed sleeping with you but after I sleep with a girl I have no interest in them anymore" You could be nicer and say, "I have a girfriend" but that might not get rid of them so it is better to just tell the truth. You at least owe them that.

But the way you describe it doesn't sound very enjoyable so if you are not enjoying your life that is really your problem and you need to sort that out. Screwing emotionally needy girls doesn't appear to be working so try something else.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:54 AM

good for you