Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: StarsNotes

I think I have it all right, but nothing happens.

I set AHK.exe to run as administrator. PS's was already set to run as admin. I have Starsread.ahk in it's own subdir. I double checked and my HH's are being saved, which was already set that way.

I started the starsread (directly from it's subdir, not a shortcut), sat down at table, still got same error. Got dealt in and played a whole round, six hands, and nothing. When I right click, I get the standard options of "notes", "sit here", etc, nothing related to color changes. Will it be one of the options? Not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

And the starsread.ahk is running down in the taskbar, I can see that fine. I've tried it both ways, but what is the recommended way... start the ahk first, then go to a table and sit, or sit and then open the program. I usually do the ahk first, then sit.

Also, can I multitable? I usually do three or less...not a big timer there...
Old 08-10-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I right click, I get the standard options of "notes", "sit here", etc, nothing related to color changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to click on the border - since you're not getting any, that won't work of course.

Are you saving you're hand histories to C:\Program files\PokerStars\HandHistories\1meandog4u (or whatever your handle is)?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I right click, I get the standard options of "notes", "sit here", etc, nothing related to color changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to click on the border - since you're not getting any, that won't work of course.

Are you saving you're hand histories to C:\Program files\PokerStars\HandHistories\1meandog4u (or whatever your handle is)?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly the path for my HH's. Strange
Old 08-10-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing strange about that - it's the default...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Hi,

if you are getting the "MZ error", you will never get anything on the table. The overlays are not being created properly, therefore erroring and exiting [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It is (not yet) getting to the point where it would need to read the HH files.

It indicates there is a problem in probably the file permissions - the script cannot access it's own text - this also means it likely can't access the players folder/files, or the default_colours file.

Best thing to try is to completely disable Vista's UAC, try that?

dave.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

if you are getting the "MZ error", you will never get anything on the table. The overlays are not being created properly, therefore erroring and exiting [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It is (not yet) getting to the point where it would need to read the HH files.

It indicates there is a problem in probably the file permissions - the script cannot access it's own text - this also means it likely can't access the players folder/files, or the default_colours file.

Best thing to try is to completely disable Vista's UAC, try that?

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see two overlay files have been created in the same directory as the ahk. Actually, since I just tried the whole thing again, there's a third overlay file from just minutes ago.

I ck'd EVERYTHING, to make sure it is run as ADmin. Gave all the exe and other files to make sure they were not "block programs" which it did have on one ahk file. I unblocked it.

I even tried to disable UAC..when I followed the instructions on how to do that, it said it couldn't find the file secpol.msc, I think that's the name, (doing it from memory as I type this.) But I double checked that I typed it correctly and it could not find it on my system.

Getting really frustrated at this point. Seems I am "right there", but it is doing everything, loading, creating overlays, but I don't see them on the screen. Guess I'll wait till... I don't know how to get around this now. I did try to disable UAC but obviously didn't do it right.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:28 PM

EDIT: Reading some Vista documentation, it would seem some folders are created as "Public" - all users (including network users) have access.

My guess is this is like "Shared Documents" on a Windows XP, but I can't find right now the default location for this on Vista - It should be quite obvious to you using the Vista system what is a "Public" folder.

First thing to try is moving the StarsReads folder to a public folder, that should remove all access rotections without the bother / security issues of disabling UAC.

-------------------------------------------------------

this page http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

lists four methods to disable UAC, I suggest method #4 to be the safest. Method #3 is probably fairly safe also, but more error prone.

If this fails, I could make a version that does not need to read it's own file - but I suspect this will run in to further problems reading colours / notes I mentioned above.

If you have no joy, I will make a little Vita_Test.AHK for you to run so I can figure out how to make a UAC friendly version [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Getting really frustrated at this point. Seems I am "right there", but it is doing everything, loading, creating overlays

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, you are "right there" - script is just failing to read from the filesystem for some reason.

Another thought... if you check the properties of any of the files, do they have an "owner" attribute? if so, can you check what they all are set to and let me know? also if there is a way to change ownership?

dave.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Here's what I've tried...still doesn't work.

First, I used method 4 to disable UAC. That worked fine. I ran the script and it showed in the task bar. I opened PS's and sat in a table. Played one round...nothing. But I didn't get the pop up error this time.

Next, I tried moving the files to a public directory. For some reason it wouldn't let me do it from any file to any destination. So, I reactivated UAC and it let me move files again.

The files now reside in C:\Users\Public\stars_reads-v0.01

The directory c:\users\public did already exist. Once I moved the script files, the starsread.ahk, the colors, and even the overlays already created, I then tried it again.

The script started and showed in task bar. Sat in Ps's 6max table, and played a full round. Nothing happened. Although this time, being in the public directory and with UAC on, I didn't get any error message, it just didn't work.

As you suggested, I checked all the file's properties. After clicking on properties, and then the "details" tab, it showed "owner" as on of the catagories. That had "allen-pc/allen" as the information.

There was an option at the bottom of that screen to delete all or some of the information. When I clicked on that, it brought another pop up screen offering me to delete all information (file creation date, file name, owner..etc), or I could change or delete individual items. I did nothing and exited at this point. I also checked and the games I had just finished playing in DID show in my HH files.

However, that got me to thinking about something else I noticed and thought I better mentioned it just in case...

A subdirectory to the stars-read directory is "people" and it has one file "dave_72O.ini" Does that belong there? Or should that reference me somehow. When I opened it, it only said, "[Color] 1=0xf0000".

That's the latest. So, it's in a public directory. I'm not getting the error message. Everything works... but it doesn't work....sigh
Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing strange about that - it's the default...

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have clarified. I meant it's strange that everything is just what it is supposed to be, as noted in my last post to Dave, but it won't work. It's even creating the overlay.ahk files everytime I'm at a different table.

Maybe Dave has some lead on the "owner" aspect of the file properties. You're all trying, and it IS appreciated, trust me. At least we got rid of the error message and permission requests by putting it in the c:\users\public directory. If nothing else, maybe that will help someone else down the road. Thanks Roland.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:27 PM

OK,

If you have got rid of the error message, either by diabling UAC or moving to the public folder, great going so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now the problem is (as Roland mentioned earlier) for some reason the script is not reading your HHF file (or is reading them, but not spotting you at the table). If you could please PM me your screen name and a few HH files, I'll see what could be causing the problem.

dave_72o is me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] there has to be something in a folder or zip compression sometimes removes the folder... that file just says me - red box [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wonder if Vista has a problem with the AHK variable A_ProgramFiles... we will get to the bottom of this I am sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

VERY glad you have overcome the "MZ error" - that is something I can not reproduce myself, so now we at least know the script is working as it should... just one more strangeness to overcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I see your recent post re: roland... pls PM me (or confirm here if your SN is in fact 1meandog4u) or something else.

dave.