Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Football trick play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kramer you need to cite a rule that applies before you call this illegal. Presnap it's not kosher, but this is clearly post snap.

The one argument that can be made is that the snap needs to be performed in one continuous motion, which is probably hard to do 'around the corner' like that.

Anyone that ever ran a swinging gate or polecat offense knows that snaps can be made to the side as well as between the center's legs.

I coach 10-11 yr olds and that QB would have gotten blasted into next week as soon as the center picked the ball up. If he didn't then it's my fault for not coaching them properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go out on a huge limb and say that yelling "hey coach, wrong ball" is against this rule. It tricks the defense into believing that a snap is not immenent, and it is yelled right before the sideways snap.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he yelled it before the snap then maybe, but in this case it happens after the snap, when the ball is already live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch it again. The center says "wrong ball" gives the ball to the QB, who then also says "wrong ball"

[/ QUOTE ]

You're watching the second video in this thread. Why don't you watch the first video again?

First video is unclear, but it's possible nothing was said pre-snap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was pretty clear to me the center or other lineman said something about the ball. There is a clear intent to deceive the defense into thinking this isn't a play.
Ugh, I give up.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:36 PM

We used to have a "check hike" play.

Shotgun formation. Put in a new center and a new quarterback in the middle of a series. Quarterback shouts "check hike" - ball is snapped but nobody moves - except the wide receiver way down the line. Defense generally doesn't move, wide receiver is usually open by about ten yards. We ran it from middle school all the way through college intramurals. Worked about 90% of the time.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We used to have a "check hike" play.

Shotgun formation. Put in a new center and a new quarterback in the middle of a series. Quarterback shouts "check hike" - ball is snapped but nobody moves - except the wide receiver way down the line. Defense generally doesn't move, wide receiver is usually open by about ten yards. We ran it from middle school all the way through college intramurals. Worked about 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
This might be the first legal play in this whole thread.