Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Kid Nation better be awesome.

Re: funny one liners...how about the waiting in line for 3 hours for the toilet could hurt your colon. Perhaps not funny if you or I say it, but fairly amusing coming from 8/9 year old. I also thought the Jimmy/Greg exchange was mildly amusing. Greg: "Want to be my wingman?" Jimmy: "Who?" "Greg." immediately..."No!"

I felt slightly bad for Greg because he was actually trying to be helpful, but his bullying and vandalism had really lowered his value in Jimmy's eyes.

I'm kind of reserving judgement on both Greg and Mike. So far there have been some things about each that I've liked and disliked. Mike seems to have some power trip and insecurity issues, but also seems to be trying to figure out what's right and think of the town's interests. I was impressed with Mike's team beating the blue in the challenge which seemed a lock for the bigger kids.

At the meeting, Greg seemed to be trying to help before Mike went all psycho on him. Even though I think Mike was out of line in how he reacted, I don't get a warm fuzzy about an older kid using his size to intimidate, and then laying his hands on a puny guy like Mike. Not too cool really. Same with the vandalism.

Does that Michael kid have a speech writer?

The crazy bicycle dancer was funny and she did work hard, but what kind of psycho just dumps the pasta on the ground because there is too much in the pan? There were other pans. Redistribute. Crimeny.

I didn't realize 'they' would be imposing structure on the kids, but it still should be fairly interesting to see how things pan out. The division of kids into disticts immediately caused some rivalry and the classes will most likely cause more.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just watched on dvr and a couple thoughts come to mind:

1a) the kids that get no air time must be pissed. i'd say i feel bad, but i dont. obviously if you just do your thing and dont create any controversy being edited out is the end result, but with 40...now 39...kids, i'd be shocked if we ever really know more than 10 people beyond their names if even that.

1b) obvious racism as the black kids got no love and the only time we see them they are either hurt or arguing.

2) the girl that won the star made $3 dancing. if she can convince these kids to waste their income on something that dumb, we're in trouble. and what use is that bike anyway?

3) i too was pissed it so quickly turned into a challenge/team based reality show. obviously it will be a little different, but back in 1885, u couldnt just acquire 7 more outhouses by having a man from the future show up and host a competition.

4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbewgsMCZ...soda%2Dvideo%2F

5) i was hoping for more great kid one liners but kids stop being awesomely funny by the time they are 10 and they arent showing many interviews with the younger kids so i doubt i'll get my wish.

[/ QUOTE ]

1885? Did the host arrive in a Delorean by any chance?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:18 PM

I was also amazed that hardly any of them knew how to cook. Basic living, LDO.

My daughters been able to cook since 8-9, easily.

T
Old 09-21-2007, 02:43 PM

14 year olds fine. 8 years olds ludicrous!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was also amazed that hardly any of them knew how to cook. Basic living, LDO.

My daughters been able to cook since 8-9, easily.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 28 and I still can't cook.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Girl who danced for money = retarded and bossy.

[/ QUOTE ]
She's the only one that could follow a recipe, or even thought it would be a good idea to follow one. Of course she was bossy; you would be too if you saw a bunch of idiots about to dump three pounds of sugar into a bowl of pancake mix.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:29 AM

I watched this with my family last night. My 10 year old daughter loved it, my 12 year old son enjoyed it and my wife seemed diverted. I didn't find it too annoying in the background as I played some poker.

I suspect that kids enjoy watching their peers in this kind of "reality" or "unscripted" situation even more than adults.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:00 PM

Wynton,

Do your kids have a Boston or NYC accent?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wynton,

Do your kids have a Boston or NYC accent?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Why do you ask?
Old 09-22-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched this with my family last night . My 10 year old daughter loved it, my 12 year old son enjoyed it and my wife seemed diverted. I didn't find it too annoying in the background as I played some poker .

I suspect that kids enjoy watching their peers in this kind of "reality" or "unscripted" situation even more than adults.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, father of the year!