Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Starbury\'s

[ QUOTE ]
btw in that article the mention how marbury and now ben wallace get a cut for the amount of shoes they sell.

i dont know the specifics obviously, but its very possible that not only is it great for kids its good for him as well.

[/ QUOTE ]Lebron got $100 million from Nike. While I realize that ben and Steph aren't close to his level of fame, I still think they'd command at least 1/20th of that, right? You'd have to sell a lot of shoes at $11 profit(and they only get a "cut" too) to make up those numbers imo.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still think it's insane that he is going to wear them while he is playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why... Its just a shoe... You know despite what commercials may say, a $150 pair doesnt make you jump any higher

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice shoes help a ton, and as was pointed out earlier- all of the NBA stars played in shoes totally custom made for them even though they look the same as the ones they market. I have no clue how much it would cost to have ones custom made, but I'd guess that NBA players are all playing in $2000+ shoes every game.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:27 PM

Yea but im sure Marbury's pair was custom tailored to his foot with just the same look.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why... Its just a shoe... You know despite what commercials may say, a $150 pair doesnt make you jump any higher

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice shoes help a ton, and as was pointed out earlier- all of the NBA stars played in shoes totally custom made for them even though they look the same as the ones they market. I have no clue how much it would cost to have ones custom made, but I'd guess that NBA players are all playing in $2000+ shoes every game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an insane estimate. Are you saying it's costs Nike or whoever about $1,995 to shape a shoe to a player's foot instead of just giving them one off the line?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an insane estimate. Are you saying it's costs Nike or whoever about $1,995 to shape a shoe to a player's foot instead of just giving them one off the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying that if you call up Nike and tell them you want them to send someone out to you to look at your feet then go back and create a shoe specifically for your feet thats its going to cost a lot. I have no clue how much since I've never done it, but I can't imagine it being cheap. Honestly I think $2000 is a rather conservative estimate.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 PM

lol thought this'd be about starbucks merging with cadbury's :P
Old 03-28-2007, 09:40 PM

I know plenty of people who own these. I might actually buy a pair just for basketball, since they are so cheap, and the shoes I wear now are running shoes.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:14 AM

I think these cost less than my Kirkland Court Classics. I will be buying them soon.