Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Simple . . .

When I started I used the chart that put hands into seven groups. Group 1 was AA KK QQ JJ AKs, all the way down to 108o which was the last group 7 hand. The chart told you in what positions you could play certain hands. I would sit there with the list next to me and try to remember what group the hand was in as soon as I got my cards. After a month or two I knew them all and had learned the importance of playing hands in position. Then I was able to move off of the chart and just play poker. It was an excellent way to force a little discipline on your game when you just want to play cards not fold.

Of course now I pretty much only play Holdem in tournaments and PLO8 cash, but the foundation was still layed in those hand groupigs.

Josh
Old 03-19-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Simple . . .

So you want to be a winner?

Let me ask you this...how do you feel about losing? Do you dislike losing? Do you hate it? How do you measure losing, session by session or week by week?

Another question, which level have you beaten? I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but a few years ago it took me weeks to pull a $5 profit out of the penny limit tables at Stars. I beat the penny limit tables over a long time. When I started playing for nickels, I knew I could win?

So my last question is this...if you're not winning, why aren't you dropping to lower levels? Even play money.

I've got some unique insights that may not have been touched on in this post but first I need some answers.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: How do you become a consistent winning player?

[ QUOTE ]
pattern mapper

[/ QUOTE ]

Upgrade 2.15b just came out...less than 12 hours old.

I try to get in as many hands as possible after an upgrade...this gives a huge advantage and translates into a +1.8 BB/100 boost over 10k hand sample (my last calculation).

Just wondering...what kind of increases have others experienced in the 48 hours following patternmapper upgrade? I heard one guy on west coast had a +2.4 following the previous upgrade.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:28 PM

I bought Wilson Software's Turbo Texas Hold 'em when I first started out and found it to be an invaluable learning tool. I must have played three months worth of hands on Turbo before I deposited a dime on a poker site. I still use it when I'm not doing well and suspect my decision-making has slipped. People rave about PokerTracker, but for me, this is the best learning tool.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:00 PM

After you kinda know NLHE, read this thread. Raise that #$%^@ UP !!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HOW?

[/ QUOTE ]

cheat