Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 03:56 AM

Default Re: HOH3 Problem 1

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold...no reason to get this LAGgy in any online tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are reasons.

This hand sucks and isn't very interesting. This is a fold, ppl who raise here typically are spewing, but who cares.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand sucks and isn't very interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]
I very much agree. I think Dan and Bill wanted to start off with the real basics. The book certainly transitions into much more interesting and complicated situations. But if I picked this up in a bookstore and, as often would be the case, flipped over to the first problem, I'd be rather uninterested in reading further. Of course, that would be their lost.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Lloyd, you can delete this post if you think it will cause problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
No need. I edited your post to hopefully capture the essence of the problem without crossing the line. I'm glad you made the post though as I think it will kick off a very good discussion as we move into some of the more interesting scenarios.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:04 AM

I probably should have never said anything about the copyright issue, and since some of you know I'm a lawyer, I now need to make the standard disclaimer that my post was not legal advice, should not be taken as legal advice, and no attorney/client relationship with anyone here should be implied. The OP may or may not have been a copyright violation, but let's not risk it.

Regardless of whether the OP technically was a copyright violation or not, we all need to strictly heed the wishes of the copyright owners of the work, since they have made most of us significant money through their previous works (and I anticipate they will with this one as well) and are truly some of the "good guys" in the poker field.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:07 AM

Coventry have never won the FA Cup
Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrington on Hold Em Vol 3. Problem One:

It's folded to you in MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Do you fold (A), make a standard 3BB raise (B), raise it up to 6BBs to put more pressure on the rest to fold (C), or call (D)?

My first choice was raising 3BBs, and second was folding. What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

if your name is gus hansen, its the nuts.

for the rest of us mortals, i'd steer quite clear.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:21 PM

No idea if this will be read on page 3, but I'm giving it a shot...

I just went hunting for this book and our local bookstores here say it isn't available til June 20th. But this problem is apparently straight from the pages of the book itself. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what am I missing here?

--TFGoose
Old 06-01-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No idea if this will be read on page 3, but I'm giving it a shot...

I just went hunting for this book and our local bookstores here say it isn't available til June 20th. But this problem is apparently straight from the pages of the book itself. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what am I missing here?

--TFGoose

[/ QUOTE ]
From my perspective, an actual question. I don't understand what "but what am I missing" means. And you can order online through Conjelco.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:58 PM

Sorry for the confusion. All I meant was that the book doesn't appear to be for sale until June 20th, yet there is discussion on the forum that leads me to believe some people already have it. Therefore, I was assuming that there must be some alternative method for acquiring it now. And I was apologizing for the possibly "stupid question" in case that alternative method was something previously covered in another post or something that I somehow missed.

--TFGoose

P.S. Thanks for the heads up about where to order.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM

This early I fold (A). But it is interesting that this is the hand from his SHAL example (HOH v.2 Pg 163-172)Similar position but a major different stage of trny (final table). He concludes..."From middle position with four players left to act, all with Orange Zone-type stacks, and with mixed styles, you can make a profitable first all-in move with hands down to something like ten-eight offsuit."