Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: What is Poker Tracker Missing? / What new software is needed.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your points. I just don't agree with local databases. I guess I can make it so only hands you watched or were in you would be able to see from the server. Its just stupid to have a local database. There are many reasons but a few goods ones are.
1. Most people that play poker won't know how to take care of a DB.
2. If your machine dies or you delete your DB you just lost all of youer stats.

I agree that getting the software banned is last thing that I want. So again thank you for your post and I will make sure to make it so it is only the hands you played that you will get to see in the application.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, go look at all this guy's posts. It's clear this is ultimately going to be a scam to acquire a large database of hands for bot development.

Although, given the level of poker knowledge he shows, maybe we should let him have at it! Can't imagine his bots being too hard to exploit.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:33 AM

Most have been mentioned already, just echoing. Not in any particular order:
- Built in graphing tool, both for cashgames and tourneys.
- Better and improved ui (more things on same tab, like filters + hands etc).
- Excel-like spreadsheet where you can enter your bankroll on different sites for each day, so you dont have to have a separate spreadsheet for that.
- Preflop stats like 3- and 4-bet frequency, a position stat (is he tight utg and loose on the button?).
- Some kind of postflop stats, like "drawaggression": calculated as agrgressionfactor but only when he has a draw.
- I dont know how easy this one is but not having to import tournament summarys would be great. This could atleast be implemented in HU-Sitngoes. On second thought this could only be implemented in HU-sitngoes because else you miss out the data from the other players.

Oh, and skip things like the hand replayer, can't see many people using it. And I prefer not to use an online database, data only on my computer please.

EDIT: The graphing tool should be able to make one graph from different databases. And also, easier managing of databases. Opening and closing them is really annoying in PT.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:53 PM

Another idea I forgot to mention. I want to be able to see all the hands I played. This would of course be filtered by date, level or whatever, but the point is PT isn't set up to make it easy to find specific hands that won/lost the most money.

Sure i can see that all of my AA are getting crack and I am down a ton, but if I have one KK hand where I lost a massive pot, it's not going to be easy to find because all the big pots I win with KK will make the net/hand a number that doesn't stand out too much.

Looking through all the different pre-flop hand combinations to find hands that I might have played wrong is taking away time in which i could be analyzing
Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and skip things like the hand replayer, can't see many people using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?? This is one of the most usefull features on PokerTracker especially for ring games.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:56 AM

Jeah, i love that function.

I really can't use all of the functions yet so i don't have any idea is the things i would think about already exist or not.

the 3-betting option looks nice.
and the not counting hands for sitting out players.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:49 PM

something I'm really missing is a simple stat overlay for the hand replayer.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you give me a better explination of what you are looking for with this?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you give me a better explination of what you are looking for with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about being able to see his opponents stats (ala PAHUD,GT+) while he's reviewing the hands with the hand replayer. I think someone recently came up with a program that does this but I can't remember what it's called.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your points. I just don't agree with local databases. I guess I can make it so only hands you watched or were in you would be able to see from the server. Its just stupid to have a local database. There are many reasons but a few goods ones are.
1. Most people that play poker won't know how to take care of a DB.
2. If your machine dies or you delete your DB you just lost all of youer stats.

I agree that getting the software banned is last thing that I want. So again thank you for your post and I will make sure to make it so it is only the hands you played that you will get to see in the application.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, go look at all this guy's posts. It's clear this is ultimately going to be a scam to acquire a large database of hands for bot development.

Although, given the level of poker knowledge he shows, maybe we should let him have at it! Can't imagine his bots being too hard to exploit.

[/ QUOTE ]

jt, your 2 reasons for not having a local database are crazy IMHO
re 1: pokertracker makes maintenance easy
re 2: external hard drives or another backup method

Honestly, my BS detector went DING DING DING after a few posts of OPs in Microlimits and there are a few hints in this thread that do the same. Feel free to read previous posts such as his first post and make up your own mind.

perhaps it is all legit (any screen shots etc?) but in anyevent, PT, PAHUD and a graphing tool more than meet my needs so Ill stick with those for the time being.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 AM

Feel free to atack me and what I am doing. Feel free to read all of my posts and you will see that those were also about hand histories and creating a tracking and analizing tool.
As for my points of a centralized DB I still sitck by them. If everyone wants it local it can be done but its just not the best solution.