Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Sends me to Monte Carlo with nothing...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This post is completely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
ZB, Usher, MB, et al.,

Good Lord guys. It would seem that "retarded" must be in the eye of the beholder, because you guys are ridin' the short bus in my view.

Between the Discover, MasterCard, and Visa I have in my wallet at this moment, I can walk into any bank and get a $25,000 cash advance -- now.

If I take the time to draw up a personal financial statement, I can walk into my bank, and they will borrow me no less than 50% of my net worth with a simple signature.

If you're anywhere near (or above) the age of 25, and are anything more than a freaking street bum, $13k in 24 hours is a no-brainer.

I'm beginning to wonder who the posters actually are here on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, whenever I "win" a prize, I am always ready to tie up my credit line, encur a bunch of credit card fees, and pay a bunch of interest. Good thing I don't win prizes very often. I hope I never win a really really big prize that my credit line won't be able to cover.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cardcounter, I've seen a lot of your posts and I'm fairly sure you waste space and air on this planet.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wish he would go away.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, whenever I "win" a prize, I am always ready to tie up my credit line, encur a bunch of credit card fees, and pay a bunch of interest.

[/ QUOTE ]
A complete moran, as usual, card. Congrats for keeping up your stellar image.

The money is in his FT account. We are talking very, very short term here. What, $200 in fees on $13k -- at absolute worst (on a credit card, not personal loan)? And he gets to play in Monte Carlo? C'mon.

Bite the hand that feeds -- gift horse in the mouth -- much ado about nothing.....take your pick of cliches.

You guys are freaking insane.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:56 PM

OP you are expecting way too much from Full tilt imo.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, whenever I "win" a prize, I am always ready to tie up my credit line, encur a bunch of credit card fees, and pay a bunch of interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

The money is in his FT account. We are talking very, very short term here. What, $200 in fees on $13k -- at absolute worst (on a credit card, not personal loan)? And he gets to play in Monte Carlo? C'mon.

Bite the hand that feeds -- gift horse in the mouth -- much ado about nothing.....take your pick of cliches.

[/ QUOTE ]

13k of MY money in a FTP account? Now that is insane.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This post is completely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
ZB, Usher, MB, et al.,

Good Lord guys. It would seem that "retarded" must be in the eye of the beholder, because you guys are ridin' the short bus in my view.

Between the Discover, MasterCard, and Visa I have in my wallet at this moment, I can walk into any bank and get a $25,000 cash advance -- now.

If I take the time to draw up a personal financial statement, I can walk into my bank, and they will borrow me no less than 50% of my net worth with a simple signature.

If you're anywhere near (or above) the age of 25, and are anything more than a freaking street bum, $13k in 24 hours is a no-brainer.

I'm beginning to wonder who the posters actually are here on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was impossible to get cash by credit cards or other means but you really have to think of all the costs involved in going that route. First of all, 10,000 Euros != $13,000 US. He's already getting an unfavorable rate there from FTP, and he still has to withdraw that cash from his FTP acct which may or may not have tax implications involved in the future.

If you were to take out 10k euros while in Monte Carlo, I'd promise you that it would cost much more than $200 US. Credit card fees for cash advances are usually much higher than the 1.5% that you mentioned. He has such a short time period here that it's just a huge hassle to try and figure out how to come up w/10k euros in a different country.

In the end, this probably cost the OP around $1k US or so, if not more.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you're more of an idiot each time you talk. Just because YOU can do these things, doesn't mean someone else has that capability or desire to do these things.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:43 PM

I've never played on FT and the more stories I hear about their customer service, the less likely it is that I will play there.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:43 PM

and, as mentioned previously, FT shouldn't just assume that this will be easy for him. They have no idea what his financial situation is.

After that, when he TELLS THEM that this isn't easy for him then there is zero guessing involved. They screwed up.
He won a satellite and their forced 'solution' on him doesn't work.
He shouldn't be punished by FT and have to go through any hassle at all for not being able to come up with $13k on a spur of the moment.

THAT IS FT'S PROBLEM!!
Not his.

And what is up with the 'gift horse in the mouth'.
He won a satellite on there.
Presumably, FT made a profit on the entry-fees of that tourney.
They aren't GIVING him a damn thing.
He won it from them and they are the ones who is making him jump through several additional hoops to claim his prize.

Yes, he screwed-up with his plane reservations.
But FT could have just said, "Sorry, nothing we can do. We'll request that they put you in day 1b but it's really up to them. Maybe you can try changing your flight."

Instead, they come up with a solution that is worse than his original problem and they don't even ask him first if it will be okay with him...nor do they try to help him out after they push forth this solution that completely screws him over way more than he was screwed before.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, you're more of an idiot each time you talk.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. $200 (or even $1000?) of my money to play free in Monte Carlo is just too much. I give up. You guys are obviously much more intelligent then me.

Please, please, someone give me the opportunity to play in Monte Carlo for $200. I beg you....