Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Famous urban legends

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Berlin, after World War II, money was short, supplies were tight, and it seemed like everyone was hungry. At that time, people were telling the tale of a young woman who saw a blind man picking his way through a crowd. The two started to talk. The man asked her for a favor: could she deliver the letter to the address on the envelope? Well, it was on her way home, so she agreed..

A week later a home in Berlin was raided by the police after reports of suspicious activity. In the house police found several mutilated bodies and human flesh. They also found an envelope with a letter inside that read.. "This is the last one I am sending you today".

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get its, i'm really high, someone explain it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Blind man has people deliver letters to a friend.
2. Friend kills the letter carriers when they arrive.
3. No more victims will be coming today.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I actually didn't get it. I thought he was just sending the person bodies, and that's what the letter said. haha, I'm an idiot.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:40 PM

One of my favorites. I always like them when they turn out to be true.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my gf told me about this story that some acquantaince who used to work at arbys told her. SOmething about the roast beef coming in liquid form, so she won't eat there and hadn't in like 5 years even though she loves it. I'm like wtf, I'm looking this up, and sure enough its on Snopes as false. So she just called and I obv requested she pick up Arbys and it will be the first time she has had it in 5 years or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, i'm pretty sure this is true as my cousin worked at Arby's and said the meat comes in liquid form and when heated turns into solid. I'm calling her as we speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your cousin was [censored] with you.

Arby's Roast Beef Is Delicious.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:54 PM

You can typically see the beef being sliced at Arbys.

Which is delicious.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Here's another one I like..

a college girl is studying in her school library but goes back to her room to retrieve a forgotten book. she gently opens the door and the lights are off. the girl leaves the lights off so as to not wake her sleeping roommate, grabs the book and leaves. As she closes the door she hears a faint sigh but thinks nothing of it and heads back to the library.

the girl returns later that night and turns her light on to find her roommate slaughtered and hung from the ceiling of the room. as she runs out of the room she catches a glimpse of her mirror. on the mirror, written in red lipstick, are the words "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?"
Old 07-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Rod Stewart had to have his stomach pumped one time before a concert because he was sick. The doctors found a quart of tiger sperm. This one was big on our playgrounds in elementary school. I love it because it's so ridiculous.

Until I saw Mythbusters debunk it - I believed my whole life that if you drop a penny off the Empire State Building it could kill someone, or embed itself inches into the concrete. And I have a degree in physics. Heard it once in grade school, never questioned it again.

Be aware that the one about eating a poppy-seed bagel and failing a drug test is true.

Also there's one about a child lost in Mexico that I know isn't true but I still don't want to post because it's so awful. You're welcome EDF.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also there's one about a child lost in Mexico that I know isn't true but I still don't want to post because it's so awful. You're welcome EDF.

[/ QUOTE ]

gogogogo
Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM

State trooper somewhere in a speed trap on an empty road has his radar gun register a 145. No car in sight, guy is confused. Gives it no mind. A week later happens against. Skipping to the end, it was a drug dealer in a black sports car with the lights out and driving with night vision goggles. Trooper generally beats the drug dealer with some simple macguyvering.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 PM

Mastercard wedding is pretty good...

------------------------------------
You got to love this guy. This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University. It was in the local newspaper and even Jay Leno mentioned it. It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding.

He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception. As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party was an envelope. He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man. The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them.

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F--- you!" Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!" Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here."

He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning. While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong.

His revenge--making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300 guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members. This guy has balls the size of church bells.

Do you think we might get a MasterCard "priceless" commercial out of this?

Elegant wedding reception for 300 family members and friends: $32,000.

Wedding photographs commemorating the Occasion: $3,000

Deluxe two week honeymoon accommodations in Maui: $8,500

The look on everyone's face when they see the 8x10 glossy of the bride humping the best man: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's MASTERCARD!
----------------------------

...but it's fake of course...
Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 PM

Here are a few I heard growing up in New York.

Alligators live in the sewers of New York.

A guy goes to a bar and picks up an incredibly hot woman. He has his way with the vixen and wakes up alone in the morning. He takes a shower and when he gets out he notices his mirror has "Welcome to the wonderful world of (insert std here)." written on it. The legend usually states that the message only becomes visible from the steam from the shower.

Same scenario, guy goes to a bar and blacks out. He wakes up in a tub. He gets out of the tub and finds a note that tells him to go to the emergency room because both of his kidneys (insert organ here) were surgically removed.