Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/10)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They shouldn`t invite Phil Laack anymore to HSP. That guy played exactly one hand in Episode 3. Give that seat to someone who wants to play and not comment every single play and never be involved in a pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize the show is edited, right? I mean, they play for like 8 hours. Have you ever thought that maybe Laak played a bunch of hands that weren't televised?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he did play more than one hand but I'd also be willing to bet he folded more than anyone else at the table except maybe for Todd. I agree that he should be removed for being such a damned nit and complaining about EVERYTHING. The players are always commenting on it too.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They shouldn`t invite Phil Laack anymore to HSP. That guy played exactly one hand in Episode 3. Give that seat to someone who wants to play and not comment every single play and never be involved in a pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize the show is edited, right? I mean, they play for like 8 hours. Have you ever thought that maybe Laak played a bunch of hands that weren't televised?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he did play more than one hand but I'd also be willing to bet he folded more than anyone else at the table except maybe for Todd. I agree that he should be removed for being such a damned nit and complaining about EVERYTHING. The players are always commenting on it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jep, totally with you.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 AM

High point of the episode for me was Hellmuth threatening the table about how much power he's going to eventually hold.. then proceeds to come up with the best example he could think of, which is that he already has a word in about which players are made into poker video game avatars.

Holy cow, the guy is actually completely insane, utterly and totally batshit crazy.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 AM

Please get rid of Phil Laak. Please get rid of Phil Laak. Please get rid of Phil Laak. Please get rid of Phil Laak.

Not only does he not play any hands but his constant, completely random table talk and nervous laughter kills the mood. It's like the social awkwardness of Phil Gordon in tenth power!

Bob Safai is 45? He looks like a 60 year old.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I also remember Matusow`s comment in that previous Episode where he said Laack never puts a chip in.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he never puts a bad chip in.

Which is true. His non-stop chatter, borderline angle-shoots, and, most of all, nitty play annoy me.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classic from Safai. Asking Hellmuth if he jacked off while looking at a picture of himself, then had to take a shower when it got all over him. Wow. Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found this comment distasteful and out of line even if Safai really did just repeat what the others had said when Phil was away. But I'm not a Phil hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is poker not bridge!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was out of line. Just because they're at the poker table, he doesn't get free license to say anything he wants. In any other setting he'd be asking for an ass-kicking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I agree or disagree but when you're talking to Phil Hellmth who just got done berating the he77 out of silent Mike with no justification it makes it easier to accept.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:31 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classic from Safai. Asking Hellmuth if he jacked off while looking at a picture of himself, then had to take a shower when it got all over him. Wow. Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found this comment distasteful and out of line even if Safai really did just repeat what the others had said when Phil was away. But I'm not a Phil hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

//// DON`T READ - SPOILERS ////

Yea, I agree that the comment was distasteful. I laughed my ass off to Helmuth throughout the show, first he made that great bluff vs mike, and he was so full of himself and then get owned. I don`t really like Phil Helmuth, aside that he`s funny to watch, but people should really respect him a little more.

Regarding the hand where Mike B. outplayed Phil with JT. I think he really played it good. It`s live poker, and I was really surprised how Phil gave his hand away. Even if Baxter would have called the turn, there is no way he would have called the river, had Phil not shown weakness by talking.

As for the flush hand. Can`t really blame Phil for shoving there given the stack sizes.

Also, Mike Matusow makes some sick reads.

//// DON`T READ SPOILERS ////
Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 AM

wow this epi was bad, what am I saying the players are so bad
Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 AM

I am gonna be 46 soon and this Safai dude looks like my uncle.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:44 AM

Anybody know when Jman is gonna be on?