Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which team gets the better deal?
Team A, not even close 5 45.45%
Team A 4 36.36%
Even trade 1 9.09%
Team B 0 0%
Team B, not even close 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Staking LuckyJimm - is this fair?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Makeup necessary to be in the ballpark of fair

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

Makeup is that I pay him back if I lose?

If so then it just wouldn't be worth my bothering. I can easily get hold of the money he'd be staking me and just play for myself and get 100% of the winnings (now that I'm playing a new iPoker skin that allows me to easily and irreversibly withdraw money).

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe makeup means he gets losses out of winnings before splitting starts. So say you lose 2 stakes, and on the third run well. On the third, the total 75 goes back to the backer before the 50/50 split. It is not a you pay him back if you lose, it is a he gets his entire stake back if you win, regardless of when you win.

Also, anything that forces you to cash out winnings regularly is very +EV for you. Hell, if you could arrange it so that you had to cash out at certain points and the money went into an account you couldn't touch for a year or so you would be set.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

If so then it just wouldn't be worth my bothering. I can easily get hold of the money he'd be staking me and just play for myself and get 100% of the winnings (now that I'm playing a new iPoker skin that allows me to easily and irreversibly withdraw money).

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe makeup means he gets losses out of winnings before splitting starts. So say you lose 2 stakes, and on the third run well. On the third, the total 75 goes back to the backer before the 50/50 split. It is not a you pay him back if you lose, it is a he gets his entire stake back if you win, regardless of when you win.

Also, anything that forces you to cash out winnings regularly is very +EV for you. Hell, if you could arrange it so that you had to cash out at certain points and the money went into an account you couldn't touch for a year or so you would be set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, okay, I understand and that seems fair.

Yes, I would constantly be cashing out, sending money to his iPoker account and to my bank card. Since I'm sending money away, it might mean I can't spin up quite so much, and will be more likely to have a small win than a huge one. Previously if I had $200 and turned it to $800, if I then lost a buy-in or two I could recover. This time if I've already sent $600 away, one loss and I'm out of action. I guess I would just move down limits.

Do you think the poker skin will mind one account being set up just for transfers and cashouts?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, okay, I understand and that seems fair.

Yes, I would constantly be cashing out, sending money to his iPoker account and to my bank card. Since I'm sending money away, it might mean I can't spin up quite so much, and will be more likely to have a small win than a huge one. Previously if I had $200 and turned it to $800, if I then lost a buy-in or two I could recover. This time if I've already sent $600 away, one loss and I'm out of action. I guess I would just move down limits.

Do you think the poker skin will mind one account being set up just for transfers and cashouts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just play small stakes? It seems you can do well there but then you always get crushed when you move up. Stop taking shots, especially with only 2-3 buy ins, you clearly aren't good enough to beat larger stakes. So stay at small stakes where you can win.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 AM

This is going to be a trainwreck and it's going to be awesome to watch. Too bad Jim won't be able to mount up huge debts from this adventure. If only I disliked Jim's friend as much as I dislike Jim, I would be very excited about this prospect.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:35 AM

i guess you should try to make another run with a 50-200 $ deposit to about 1000 $, then start grinding it out at plo25/50. provided you´re nearly as good as you claim to be, you might be a plo100/200 regular in no time and booking nice wins just about every week.

as long as you don´t learn how to avoid/manage tilt and your bankroll properly, you will remain the horrible gambler that you are. your spin-ups prove nothing at all. you might have lost your whole bankroll to a 10-15 outer just about every hand. that` at least my guess, since it´s the nature of plo.

prove to be a consistent winner and you might gain some respect from 2plus2. otherwise you´re just a railtard loser. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just play small stakes? It seems you can do well there but then you always get crushed when you move up. Stop taking shots, especially with only 2-3 buy ins, you clearly aren't good enough to beat larger stakes. So stay at small stakes where you can win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree. Well, find a happy medium of where the money is enough to excite me but not so much I'm outplayed.

Actually I won half of my money at $5/$10 last spin-up, and didn't feel especially outplayed. However I was totally underrolled, and the large sums of money made me much more likely to tilt. I bluff quite a lot on missed draws when I think they've not got much either - I do this too much, when I'm tilting - and I've found better players are likely to make very marginal calls and can't be pushed off anything.

Hopefully I'll be playing on staked money tonight. Graph to follow!

Just for old time's sake here's my favourite hand from the last spin-up. This was in the morning when I was tilting. I had bluffed off a buy-in to this player, he'd trapped me. Now I let him bet into me. I just KNEW on the river my hand was good.

He left the table and it was someone else I lost to...

GAME #620104239: Omaha PL $5.00/$10.00 2007-08-07 08:19:28
Table Dory (No DP)
Seat 1: BB ($751.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Villain ($1,540.00 in chips) DEALER
Seat 10: Hero ($1,102.00 in chips)
Hero: Post SB $5.00
BB: Post BB $10.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Villain: Raise $35.00
Hero: Call $30.00
BB: Fold
*** FLOP *** [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero: Check
Villain: Bet $80.00
Hero: Call $80.00
*** TURN *** [7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Villain: Bet $240.00
Hero: Call $240.00
*** RIVER *** [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Villain: Bet $720.00
Hero: Call $720.00
*** SUMMARY ***
Villain has [4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Total pot $2,158.00 Rake $2.00
Hero: wins $2,158.00
Old 08-13-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is going to be a trainwreck and it's going to be awesome to watch. Too bad Jim won't be able to mount up huge debts from this adventure. If only I disliked Jim's friend as much as I dislike Jim, I would be very excited about this prospect.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11648595
Old 08-13-2007, 10:39 AM

check-calling the whole way with a 5high flush draw is a great way to "spin up" a bankroll. excellent move
Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check-calling the whole way with a 5high flush draw is a great way to "spin up" a bankroll. excellent move

[/ QUOTE ]

And a gutshot!!!

Like I said, that was my monkey-tilt session. Normally I'd only draw to nut flush.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11648595

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO JIMM! PLEASE DONT DO IT!!!! DONT TAKE AWAY THE ONLY THING KEEPING MY MISERABLE LIFE WORTH LIVING!!!!! you [censored] [censored]