Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TE
Witten vs NYG 3 42.86%
A Smith vs PHI 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: A question for those who love sitting next to fatties on planes...

I know this is not what you (or any of the tall folks complaining about short people in exit rows) are referring to, but nonetheless: There *are* reasons other than being very tall to be seated in an exit row.

EDIT: For some reason I thought this was about aisle rows, and everything I was going to say is irrelevant. Carry on.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:26 AM

Have you guys ever actually looked at the pricing for upgrading to exit row seats? I've never seen it be more than $25 (it has usually been $15 or so in my experience) and I always pay. The extra comfort is soooooooooo worth it.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 AM

Am I alone in hating the exit row?

I find I actually sleep better with some moron's seat pressing into my knees (I slide my feet way the hell under their chair so it's the retards who can't use the overhead for their damn laptop that piss me off). When I'm in the exit row I find myself slipping off the front of my chair.

Plus they put babies in bulkhead seats and there is nothing worse than sitting next to whiny demanding intolerant parents. Yes parents, the ones who complain when I have the reading light on, "ask" if I mind them loading the contents of the diaper bag onto my lap while they fuss around with baby and then do it before I can reply, and complain when the stewardess dares to serve another passenger (who has been waiting since before their last demand) before coming to them.

Plus the movie screen is on one of those stupid retractable arms.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:50 AM

I'm tallish and I like the seat by the window because at least you don't have to sit erect the whole time(so to speak). You can lean against the cabin wall. Much better, however bad it is, to crunch up and turn your ass to the crowd than have your legs taking up the aisle and being woken every 15 minutes by someone walking through, and having nothing to support your spine in a bad seat but your own constant effort throughout the flight.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:52 AM

This thread is making me glad I'm short. For all you whiny tall people, you should be mad at the airlines, not the people reclining.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, this is all news to me....I had no idea anything was wrong with this, and still don't think there is anything wrong with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% ditto. I had no idea people got so pissed off if the person in front of them reclines. I mean, I understand that it makes it less comfortable for the person behind you, especially if they are tall. LDO. But they can recline too.

The person in front of me almost always reclines, so I recline.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:10 AM

Back to the OP: I don't see how those things prevent the seat from reclining, and the Product Description does not suggest that the product does anything of the sort.

I think it is designed to keep the tray-table from going too low. If you have a big belly, keeping the tray-table chest-high is nice.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 AM

tall people get more secks and money so this thread makes me happy.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Back to the OP: I don't see how those things prevent the seat from reclining, and the Product Description does not suggest that the product does anything of the sort.

I think it is designed to keep the tray-table from going too low. If you have a big belly, keeping the tray-table chest-high is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It actually is designed to keep people from reclining. It acts as a bumper between the tray table supports and the back of the chair in front of you. Here's the url for how to use it and what exactly it does:
http://www.kneedefender.com/html2/how_to.htm

And here is the super sweet Knee Defender Courtesy Card!
http://www.gadgetduck.com/html3/misc...rnt_pg_pop.htm

Slightly off topic question, but precisely how much space do you purchase from the airline when you buy a ticket? I have a hard time believing you actually have a right to recline and the right to any room in front of you ... unless the space you purchase is some bizarre rhombus shaped space. Oh, and lol at all the angry midgets who post in OOT.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:19 AM

I'm really glad I saw this thread, because I'm flying across the country tomorrow, and if my seat doesn't recline I now know to look behind me. If the person is using these [censored] things and refuses to take them off we're going to have a problem.