Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Contest: name this social movement

[ QUOTE ]
Check the campaign contributors of any politician who votes to have it legalized. (Except Barney Frank, who's lifestyle choices obviously limit his ability to raise funds from religious organizations.) Frist's "Christian " contributors wouldnt change there spending a dime with or without the Act. The last time I checked gambling isnt prohibited by the Bible or any of the mainstream Churches...if it is then their adherents clearly dont follow that dictate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christian groups lobby hard against online gambling. That's a fact.

[ QUOTE ]

And, as I said, youre still playing, and at costs lower than they will be if its "legalized". Other than having to drive to a WU or Moneygram outlet, or set up an epassporte account their has been nothing to change your playing.

Whether or not another terroprist attack would affect you or your family/friends directly, the economic costs will be far less benign than they were from 9/11 and pale with the costs to you from the Act.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, see, you are absolutely wrong. It's pretty clear you don't play much/don't know much online poker. PartyPoker and Neteller stopped serving American customers as a direct result of US government pressure. This his been crushing to the online poker market and has significantly lowered the rate of the vast majority of pros (of which I am one).

9/11 didn't affect my day to day life one bit, and the only way it would is through totalitarian measures the government puts in place using 9/11 as a pretext. Government anti-gambling action has probably cost me tens of thousands in income, and has made the future of my profession highly uncertain, not to mention trapping $3k of my money that was in my Neteller account. You really don't have a clue.