FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: FTP vs STARS - My view of Both after 3 yrs +

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FT and Stars are equally rigged.
Every month though, I see:
Stars: 30.000 FPP to buy BS I allready have.
FT: $2.000 in RB AND 30.000 FPP to buy BS I allready have.

My choice is easy and I am glad most of the hud-operating tighties of this forum prefer Stars. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at thinking the FPP's are the same on each site.

[/ QUOTE ]

The FPP's are worth more at Stars, true, but you get cash at FT worth much more than Stars FPP's AND FT FPP's that are worth like half the ones from Stars, so your comment shows that either you are an not very intelligent (twice not very intelligent if you assume I didn't know the difference between the two FPP's systems) or a frustrated player that was dumb enough to sign at FT WITHOUT RB.

Either way, a loser....

[/ QUOTE ]

one stars fpp is equal to 3 full tilt points.

Also, you haven't addressed the fact that you accrue points on stars faster due to the VIP status multiplier.

I really don't know why I'm responding to you at all though. Trolling microbob about points is pretty laughable. I'm quite sure he understands the nuances of the point systems better than most of us.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since UIGEA, I have actually been winning more, but (what I have never mentioned) I play very little on PS or FTP for a couple reasons: 1) there are too many semi-pros who play on each site making it very difficult to win; 2) too many bad beats, as opposed to other sites. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose FTP because, personally, I feel that the dealing IS more random than PS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who starts getting persuaded by the doomsayers crowd should be referenced to this thread. There seems to be an endless supply of fish who think along these lines. The sea will never dry up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was in Vegas a few weeks ago watching the Vegas Channel at the motel. Penn Gillette said something like "Vegas makes money because people are bad at math and people that are bad at math are a renewable resource.

Thought that was kind of clever.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's quite hilarious that not once in my entire original topic that I mentioned either site is "rigged". I purposely avoided that word but somehow managed to get several responses where people twisted my original post to make it sound like I was ranting about how one site is more rigged than another. That's not the case at all. I'm comparing the two sites. I've just seen way more 'action flops' on Full Tilt. I'll make one post of a hand though I don't have the actual hand history. I had a7 of diamonds in a 6 person ring game on Full Tilt. I raise, then immediately get reraised. I thought the guy either had AK or KK QQ maybe AA. So I called the reraise thinking if I hit a flush, I'll drain alot of money, or if I hit trip 7s or two pair it'd probably be the same result. So flop comes, 7 - 3 - 2 ... the 3 and 2 were diamonds of course. So after seeing this I knew I was going all in just trying to gamble with a TPTK plus nut flush draw on flop. I figured he had an over pair but whatever, I wanted to gamble. So I bet a large amount, he just calls. Turn card, Ace... of course, giving me aces up plus a flush draw. This time I bet big, he reraises all in.. So I call, he flips over 33 for a set. The river is a blank. Not a big deal, again this happens no matter what site you're on. But these types of hands seem to occur a lot more on Full Tilt than any other site combined.

And how do you stop reading my post at the word "rigged" when I didn't even type it once in the topic post.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my topic. But I was trying to:

1) Review both sites after playing both for more than 2 years
2) Evaluate the positives of Stars
3) Conclude that Stars plays more like a LIVE game from what I have experienced.

You guys apparently like to flame any topic created, being quite naive in the process. I'd say I don't care what you guys think, but it's frustrating when you take my opinions/words and turn them into something I completely didn't intent on saying and cotinue to twist my words. But I guess that's what forums are for, e-thugs to get their day-to-day frustrations out because in real-life they fear the live-breathing world. Flame on!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am underwhelmed by this story...I once played a limit hand online where three people flopped sets (T72 flop), a fourth get a set on the river, and all of us (I had the set of 7s) lost to a river flush. Now that was fun (except the whole losing $$$ thing, I was able to fold on the river though). But yes, judging by this trips v. 2 pair/flush draw hand, FTP is rigged...I'm glad I only ever played one razz tourney there, won, & got out while I still could [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe he has a point it is IMPOSSIBLE for a computer to generate random numbers..

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh, it's not the COMPUTER that generates the random numbers. There's a GUY IN THE COMPUTER that reads it from this book:

Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM

I dont understand if someone shuffles cards they are random.. A computer can very reach a complete random state?? right..
Old 04-20-2007, 01:52 PM

I find this mildly entertaining as it's exactly what I'm trying to point out but was posted in the BBV forum:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10041130
Old 04-20-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand if someone shuffles cards they are random.. A computer can very reach a complete random state?? right..

[/ QUOTE ]

A computer takes in a bunch of input and executes a series of instructions on them. The instructions it can execute are load or store to memory or add a couple of numbers in memory. All "complicated" programs can be reduced to that. Input is the time, keyboard strokes, etc. (Time is not a random input because there could be a bias as to when we're sampling the time).

So tell me, what sequence of instructions would allow you to generate a truly random number? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if someone shuffles cards they are random..

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not correct either.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find this mildly entertaining as it's exactly what I'm trying to point out but was posted in the BBV forum:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10041130

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahahahahahaha. Obviously you haven't been in BBV very long. Every thread in there is usually a bunch of people leveling each other. Especially rigged threads.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:23 PM

Full Tilt is obviously set-up for action flops. It has a "constant shuffler" - it shuffles the deck after each "street". Why... easier to produce the card the donk with the Q-4 needs to beat the 2 others holding pocket Aces on a 6 handed table... right after 5 consecutive hands of boat over boat, 4 card str8 over trips, boat over 2 pair etc.! (true story). Stupidly impossible for this kind of consistent big hand action on a live short handed table.

There is absolute reason and logic why Full Tilt or other sites create this type of action. I'm really miffed why more people just can't figure this out! Maybe the internet players just don't play enough live to see the difference... maybe they live in Candy Land and think everything in the world is good and fair.. especially with large unregulated gambling sites... who knows? (by the way there have been many bigger companies, with incredibly more government and public scrutiny, who screw over their customers for finacial gain - so please spare me the "but why would they rig it and ruin their rep" arguments.

So to the OP... I'm with ya brother! The emperor is butt naked and his shlong is whippin in the wind!