Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

Not realy a moment but I loved the Benoit/Booker T Best-of-7 Series of matches back in WCW. Not many wrestlers I could watch fight each other week in week out and still be not just interested, but enthralled. Two legends in the making.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WM 7 main event. Not sure why that would be anyones fav. match/moment though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When hogan dropped the big leg on the Sarge it was just like America dropping the big leg on Iraq. On that day I knew just how proud to be an American I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people felt that way when we won the actual war more than a month earlier.

The WrestleMania VII main event is probably the worst main event ever. It was the a clearcut moment when Hulkamania had run out of steam and was heading downhill.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WM 7 main event. Not sure why that would be anyones fav. match/moment though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When hogan dropped the big leg on the Sarge it was just like America dropping the big leg on Iraq. On that day I knew just how proud to be an American I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

The WrestleMania VII main event is probably the worst main event ever. It was the a clearcut moment when Hulkamania had run out of steam and was heading downhill.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL More like this thread has run out of steam and is heading downhill and this is dynastys attempt to create a rift between govamaina and the millions and millions of govman fans around the world.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL More like this thread has run out of steam and is heading downhill and this is dynastys attempt to create a rift between govamaina and the millions and millions of govman fans around the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really add alot to this thread and forum in particular. I think I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate your candid insight into the world of professional wrestling. Keep up the good work, my friend.

PSYCH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!111!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it really the worst ever? I kinda enjoyed this match. It wasn't painful to sit through, unlike LT vs Bam Bam and Undertaker vs Sid. The tag match at Wrestlemania and Bundy/Hogan at Wrestlemania 2 were far worse matches IMO (even Hogan/Andre was absolutely terrible from a wrestling standpoint). #5,6 and 7 were about as good as it gets if Hogan is wrestling. But yeah, the WWF was really in need of something new at this point, something other than Hogan > evil.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:14 PM

nwo/bash at the beach is still my fav moment of all time.

Back in the day, the snuka pipers pit is probably my favorite - one coconut ... two coconut
Old 03-01-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nwo/bash at the beach is still my fav moment of all time.

Back in the day, the snuka pipers pit is probably my favorite - one coconut ... two coconut

[/ QUOTE ]

The nWo forming was gold. Also HBK winning his first title a few months earlier at WM12 was also a great moment in 96.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:53 AM

Undertaker's debut in the WWF

Became the best entrance in wrestling (until he decided to ride a motorcycle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2r-bPQcrKs

Evil Twin Referree

Just days after that match, Hebner debuted in the World Wrestling Federation as a referee during a WWF Championship match pitting champion Hulk Hogan against challenger André the Giant, which aired live on February 5, 1988, on NBC's The Main Event. In the storyline, Hebner's twin brother Dave was the assigned official, but unbeknownst to Hogan, André's manager Ted DiBiase had bribed Earl to take his brother's place. Earl then counted André's pin against Hogan, even though Hogan's shoulders were clearly off the mat. As André and DiBiase were celebrating (with André quickly "selling" his title to an overjoyed DiBiase), Dave (whom DiBiase had locked in a closet prior to the match) ran to the ring and confronted Earl. The two brothers argued, and then Earl knocked his brother down. Hulk Hogan, figuring out that Dave's "evil twin" had jobbed him out, picked Earl up and gorilla press slammed him over the ropes and onto DiBiase in the aisleway. This match helped set up a fourteen-man elimination tournament at WrestleMania IV, since WWF President Jack Tunney declared the title "vacant" a week after The Main Event match as the WWF Championship "cannot be bought or sold," where the winner would win the WWF Championship. Vince McMahon paid both Hebners a bonus of $2,500 USD for participating in the angle and Earl quickly became a regular WWF referee, where he counted Randy Savage to victory and the Federation championship at WrestleMania IV.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Evil Twin Referree

[/ QUOTE ]

I was completely fooled by what happened.

Even the smartest of fans were probably fooled since Earl Hebner had just left Jim Crockett Promotions where he had been a referee for quite a while. In fact, he did JCP's Bunkhouse Stampede PPV just two weeks earlier.

It's funny looking back at the match because Dave Hebner is noticably heavier.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:56 AM

One of my favorite memories coming from a funny standpoint was when cactus jack entered the royal rumble 3-4 times, can't remember. But no one saw that coming.

From a serious memeory was when macho man and elizabeth got married. It was wierd how emotional the two of them always were with the fans.

Side note with the slaughter vs. hogan @ wrestle mania. Did you know that originally they planned it for a venue that was outside but had to change location for fear that someone might try to take out slaughter for being a iraqi general.