Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Still Have 40,000 Shares of IMMR

Used Sklansky's strategy this week. There was a pop in HB stocks right around when the media reported on Paulson's comment about the near ending of the housing slump. Bought out of money one month puts on BZH right after the pop. Doubled my money in 2 days. Thanks David!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"How do you know the market doesn't rate the quarterback change as skillfully as you?"

I said that only I know.

As far as whether I am talking about inside information or not, what difference does it make? This debate is over my contention that you can have an edge because you have somehow evaluated one aspect of the stock better than others have, even if you know nothing else about the company. I still don't get why you can't see that as obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how can you possibly know that you evaluated this aspect better than others?

TASR's price increase could've had absolutely nothing to do with what you saw as an inequality.

I think what he's trying to say, is that by showing 2 stocks that went up, you're using this information to justify your strategy which defies the accepted opinion and that's being results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

First let me say that if it is only one factor that you think has been misevsluated, it better be a significant factor in the stock price.

Secondly, it is always possible that this technique will produce a winner even when you were wrong. Because of luck regarding the other factors.

But in the case of Taser it is well known that the deaths were an important factor regarding its low price. And its upward move is almost certainly because that fear is going away. So I was almost definitely right about both the price and the reason. The problem is that it still doesn't prove I wasn't lucky. In other words maybe I was lucky that I evaluated this right. My only inside information was a conversation with a cop and a poker player's insight into human nature. Similar to when I bought Charles Schwab when it dipped when deep discount brokers started to compete with it. There unfortunately is no algorithm.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Used Sklansky's strategy this week. There was a pop in HB stocks right around when the media reported on Paulson's comment about the near ending of the housing slump. Bought out of money one month puts on BZH right after the pop. Doubled my money in 2 days. Thanks David!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall David ever advocating a 2 day holding period [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2007, 11:26 AM

David,

I heard you wrote an article for the magazine a few months back about 'The Fundamental Theorem of Investing'. Unfortunately we can no longer access it as articles are returned after 3 months. Could you post it in this forum for those who missed it, it may lead to some interesting discussion. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

I heard you wrote an article for the magazine a few months back about 'The Fundamental Theorem of Investing'. Unfortunately we can no longer access it as articles are returned after 3 months. Could you post it in this forum for those who missed it, it may lead to some interesting discussion. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a nutshell, it says that if you think there is a great deal, out there, buying or selling, stocks or options or mink coats or whatever, you better curb your enthusiam unless you can explain why people are (presumably erroneously) taking the other side.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:08 PM

I said what the hell and bought $5k worth of it when this thread was posted. Figured it should be even EV or David knew something making it +EV.

Its up 15% since then for whatever reason.

Tys
Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Still a brag post?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:32 PM

i heard you're mentoring Brandi. is this true? plz provide details concerning ur wang size