Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: split bbv?
no 24 53.33%
yes 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

Thremp, you've spent 5 or 6 rather detailed posts in this thread trying to deliver the message of "I don't think this guy delivered very good information last year, so don't follow his advice this year." Would you agree that is your general message? If so, can you please explain why you don't feel as if my VERY FIRST SENTENCE IN THE OP already addressed that?

Here it is again for you:

In the past I've taken a very casual and light-hearted approach to sports betting, but now that I live in Vegas I'd like to start betting the games more seriously.

I feel like that sentence should make last year a moot issue, but even still I'll defend myself....I never ever gave a flippant reponse about whether or not I wagered on the games. In fact, A MOD CAME INTO THE THREAD AND SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT IT WAS PERFECTLY FINE IF I POSTED MY PICKS WITHOUT ACTUALLY WAGERING. I believe the mod's words were something very similar to: "I would rather have someone provide analysis and discussion on games in which they are not wagering than have someone simply provide their wagers without offering any analysis.

That is why I felt as if it was ok to not wager on the picks I made. However you guys persisted, so I started wagering with my friend.

[ QUOTE ]
If you would take this [censored] seriously and just say: "Hey, I don't bet these picks but I want to paper track and will start with X bankroll, calc edge, and bet kelly/2 and post my thoughts so people can offer constructive criticism." No one would care. In fact I think it would've been applauded. Instead you continue to defend your ridiculous actions and random viewpoints. God forbid someone actually betting real dollars follows your recommendations.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mean this in a rude way, but you seriously lack reading comprehension skills...I don't know how I could've been any more clear last year that I was just doing it for fun and I WAS NOT TAKING IT SERIOUSLY. This year I am taking it seriously, and I have been clear about that. I apologize for having a light hearted thread last year in your "oh so serious" forum. If you didn't like non-serious threads then why didn't you just ignore my threads last year?

[ QUOTE ]
BTW Did you link your gimmick?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have absolutely no clue what this means.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread *DELETED*

Post deleted by Performify
Old 09-20-2007, 12:19 PM

Guys, he's 3-0, so obviously he's amazing
Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, he's 3-0, so obviously he's amazing

[/ QUOTE ]

So, so true around these parts.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What do you suggest we do to people ...like you were banned form that other forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly is the story here?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the moderator from the other place who banned me, I had a problem with his lies about his record among other things, and the biggest 'post-game' picker and hack of all is their leader.

Here's a direct quote from his posts on a [very famous] game earlier this year:

"Yesterday, 10:34 PM
College Bowl Season: Week 3 (beginning 1/1/07)
Views: 8,157
Posted By S....
this is called the idiot tax. turned a great day...

this is called the idiot tax. turned a great day into a pile of [censored].
buying back as much as i can.
results as follows:
Okla wins: push
boise wins: lose a pentuple [5 units]

Today, 12:25 AM
Replies: 273
College Bowl Season: Week 3 (beginning 1/1/07)
Views: 8,157
Posted By S...
Boise pk (double)
Boise pk (double)
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i ended up hedging this...
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i ended up hedging this to break even if boise state won"

4 hours after the game starts, and after that crazy finish, instead of 5u loss it's magically breakeven.
Somehow didn't post during OT for some reason...I wonder why....not like that game ended...he didn't post after Okla tied the game...

or after Okla took the lead in regulation...

or after Okla took the lead in OT...

or when Boise had to convert on 4th down...

or before Boise went for 2 pts...isn't that odd? This is the guy who banned me, LOLOL. Yeah, he's trustworthy.

I will happily call out any poster who posts his record continually using no-vig lines, and lines never available. Others have mentioned that they feel similarly.
I disagree with mt2r, various horse and cbb-cappers, and data miners, and people who guarantee picks.

If you don't like me commenting on it, stop doing it, and/or also go to wagerline and post all your picks there, link to it, and then we can ALL go and admire your perspicacity in January.
Fair? If that's too much to ask, you can always put me on ignore, it's your option entirely.

FTR, posters who don't like criticism, and then heavily criticize my posts, should look up 'hypocrite' in the dictionary. If they know how to use a dictionary.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread *DELETED*

Post deleted by Performify
Old 09-20-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And apparently OP lied and used no-vig picks last year [according to like 5 other posters] and your buddies with him, so is it okay for him to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anything about OP. How am I buddies with him? Even if he lied about his record, so does your "buddy" Naj, so why should Naj come in here and attack him?

[ QUOTE ]

Stalking someone from site to site is just creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I had never even heard of that site until this link was posted in another thread:

http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=4884

I had never even heard of that forum, and have never posted there.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp makes a conscious effort never to contribute anything of too much substance, because he doesn't believe in giving away "valuable" information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot calling the kettle black?

I guess I could liken this to VP forums. Why should I do all the hard work and research and then post it publicly for all to benefit from and take direct dollars from me? I have no problem helping people out. I mean I could teach a retarded monkey to make several grand a month better sports from 10k a month. But it seems that isn't what people care about.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thremp makes a conscious effort never to contribute anything of too much substance, because he doesn't believe in giving away "valuable" information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot calling the kettle black?

I guess I could liken this to VP forums. Why should I do all the hard work and research and then post it publicly for all to benefit from and take direct dollars from me? I have no problem helping people out. I mean I could teach a retarded monkey to make several grand a month better sports from 10k a month. But it seems that isn't what people care about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with this viewpoint. I understand where you are coming from.

I just don't understand why you are jumping on someone who is trying to share his picks.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:22 PM

PO,

Ah. I think its mainly misleading. Like I'm sure I could start a cricket betting thread and post some solid BSP logic, but I hope someone would say, "Dude, that awful. Stop." Then again meh...