Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 2/23

this cant be high priority. but ive ALWAYS wanted a feature at an online poker site where you can muck face up in a heads up pot. yea im sure many of you think this is stupid and bad to give info out, but i like to play mind games with people and control my table image as much as possible, and theres no reason for the site to care as long as the pot is heads up at the time of the fold.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:28 PM

speaking of mucking, i really wish the automuck hands option toggle was on each table (like at party) rather than the OPTIONS drop down menu. i play with it off always, but when i occasionally need to show a hand for reasons mentioned above, its VERY annoying to have to go uncllick the option in the lobby then reclick it right after i show that hand.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this cant be high priority. but ive ALWAYS wanted a feature at an online poker site where you can muck face up in a heads up pot. yea im sure many of you think this is stupid and bad to give info out, but i like to play mind games with people and control my table image as much as possible, and theres no reason for the site to care as long as the pot is heads up at the time of the fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This feature is at UB. "fold and show"
Old 02-24-2007, 09:59 PM

Doug,

did you guys ever consider bringing the Rake at NL10 in line with N25 and NL50 - i.e. up to 5% of pot - the up to 10% rake taken at NL10 is a lot to overcome.

Thank you
Old 02-25-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12. I am now one of the players who is randomly disconnected mid-hand, and is out a decent chunk of money as a result (because FT does not offer disconnect protection).

- The addition of the disconnect timebank mentioned in the previous answers thread should alleviate the negative result of the problem (losing out on pots because of a disconnect). I'd rather nobody ever disconnected, but this should at least make it less costly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly question, perhaps, but if "the player will be required to manually request the extra time (push a button) to activate", then how is that going to help me when I'm actually disconnected and all my full tilt screens are frozen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread. Okay, he's talking about a separate timebank and disconnect timebank? One which requires a player to manually click a button to activate, the other which automatically activates whenever a player is disconnected?

If so, that would definitely be helpful, although I think that a straight up disconnect all-in system (like most other sites use) would be better...both for the player who was disconnected & may not reconnect before his timebank runs out, and for the players still at the table who will not have to wait X seconds to see if he gets back in time.

I fully realize that some people use features like this as a "cheat" to get to showdown cheaply, but I for one would rather run the risk of someone intentionally disconnecting vs. me while drawing with overcards or whatever than of losing out on an entire pot when I'm holding the nuts on the river. And it shouldn't be that difficult for FT to investigate & punish repeat offenders who abuse the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. 2 separate types of time banks.

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of mucking, i really wish the automuck hands option toggle was on each table (like at party) rather than the OPTIONS drop down menu. i play with it off always, but when i occasionally need to show a hand for reasons mentioned above, its VERY annoying to have to go uncllick the option in the lobby then reclick it right after i show that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do what?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:10 AM

I would like to know if u plan to add wire transfer withdrawals (for sums >1000$ of course, so you won't have to send pennies ).
Old 02-25-2007, 09:28 AM

With all the recent hacking we hear about, I assume there are dozens more we don't hear about, why doesn't Full Tilt increase their security practices? I ask this of all poker sites but since your pretty much the only one who comes here, I ask you to lead the way.

There are a few easily implemented changes that could prevent the majority of hacks.

1. Stop using the screen name as the login name. Now the hacker only needs one piece of info instead of two or more.

2. Give the ability to lock the client down to specific PC's. Require contact with support to change this.

3. Implement a random security question out of a pool of 4-5 that must answered in order to log in.

4. Implement "two factor" security. This is the tokens everyone has mentioned.

# 1 should be a mandatory change. #2-4 can be optional if your worried about convenience for low stakes players.

At least give players the ABILITY to become more secure if they want to.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:00 AM

I agree with the suggestion to move the automuck button.

Also, wire transfer withdrawals would be amazing.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:09 AM

A couple of tournament-specific questions:

1. There was talk some time back about adding a level to the MTTs. (I think it was going to be 10/20 or something) What is the status of this?
2. Why are there not more "double-stack" tournaments offered? Edit: There are several $5-$30 PLO and PLO8 double-stack tournaments DAILY but no NLH.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

14. Why does the FTP company treat its customers so poorly?

- I disagree with this, but I'm sorry you feel that we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

well me and another guy both have the same experience with your support emails taking days to get answered, if they ever do. and another guy in the high stakes NL forum gets his account hacked for $100k, and apparently if it wasnt for john juanda making phone calls, his emails wouldve gone unanswered.