Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: the well: colson10 (2.13.07)

" lol make sure to thank Lee each time you win a hand."

does this work in the ftops too?

one other question. What do you think of the poker community as a whole? Ethically, morally, financially? Having followed the tourney circuit for a while both here and in Europe what were your overall impressions?

Also, I 2nd Shane in a desire to hear you (and everybody else) proclaim unconditional love for the Wire.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:13 PM

If you were going to buy 10% of any 3 2+2ers in the WSOP main event (assuming they would sell to you without hesitation) which 3 would they be?

What are the toughest tournaments online?

Who's play, be it live or online, has really impressed you?

Who's play, be it live or online, has really NOT?

Should every serious MTT player who wants to get better at deep stacks for live events spend some serious time in NL cash games?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see how you can put "Tennenbaums" in the same category as "Rushmore." What, no love for "Bottle Rocket?" Did you see "Squid and The Whale," which Anderson produced?

Which leads me to my question: Do you think Wes Anderson is in a creative rut?

Also, the Arcade Fire is awesome--I'm practically friends with them, too, since a former coworker/friend is, like, really good friends with them from Montreal, and I got to see them play at knitting factory in NYC a while ago and hung out with them afterwards for five or ten minutes (but I would have hung out for at least 20 minutes if I had known how huge they'd soon become). So, question two, are you jealous?

Also, can you go on record as another poker player who recognizes that The Wire is the greatest tv show ever? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottle Rocket is fantastic. Squid and the Whale lol, what a great movie. "It's very Kafka-esque." "Yeah, well it's written by Kafka."

I don't know if he's in a rut. I thought The Life Aquatic was great. Though it's not a movie I can make it all the way through time and time again like his previous works.

Uh yeah I'm jealous. I tried to get tickets for them in New York this week but the venue is tiny and they sold out immediately. And they did something funky so you can't sell your tickets so i couldn't get them that way either. I did though buy tickets for their show in Stockholm next month. I'm not sure I'm going yet but there's a good chance.

Yes, The Wire is the greatest tv show ever. With Arrested Development coming in 2nd.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see how you can put "Tennenbaums" in the same category as "Rushmore." What, no love for "Bottle Rocket?" Did you see "Squid and The Whale," which Anderson produced?

Which leads me to my question: Do you think Wes Anderson is in a creative rut?

Also, the Arcade Fire is awesome--I'm practically friends with them, too, since a former coworker/friend is, like, really good friends with them from Montreal, and I got to see them play at knitting factory in NYC a while ago and hung out with them afterwards for five or ten minutes (but I would have hung out for at least 20 minutes if I had known how huge they'd soon become). So, question two, are you jealous?

Also, can you go on record as another poker player who recognizes that The Wire is the greatest tv show ever? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottle Rocket is fantastic. Squid and the Whale lol, what a great movie. "It's very Kafka-esque." "Yeah, well it's written by Kafka."

I don't know if he's in a rut. I thought The Life Aquatic was great. Though it's not a movie I can make it all the way through time and time again like his previous works.

Uh yeah I'm jealous. I tried to get tickets for them in New York this week but the venue is tiny and they sold out immediately. And they did something funky so you can't sell your tickets so i couldn't get them that way either. I did though buy tickets for their show in Stockholm next month. I'm not sure I'm going yet but there's a good chance.

Yes, The Wire is the greatest tv show ever. With Arrested Development coming in 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Proud to say that I'm obsessed with The Wire since Ep. 1 Season 1.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 PM

I have yet to watch The Wire, but with all of the recommendations from people I respect a lot, I have to get it now.

I'm disappointed with the PLO analysis.

Can you at least explain some basic beer pong strategy besides throw the ball in the cup?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" lol make sure to thank Lee each time you win a hand."

does this work in the ftops too?

one other question. What do you think of the poker community as a whole? Ethically, morally, financially? Having followed the tourney circuit for a while both here and in Europe what were your overall impressions?

Also, I 2nd Shane in a desire to hear you (and everybody else) proclaim unconditional love for the Wire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, for FTP it's Howard.

I've seen some shady people and things but I'm sure I haven't been exposed to the worst of it. And that's because of who I associate with. It's a lot easier to have a positive outlook on it when you're used to associating with good winning players.

Also, I've never really been fully immersed in the poker scene because I don't live in Vegas or LA. I really enjoy being in Seattle and hanging out with friends and having poker never enter the conversation. I love talking about poker and discussing strategy but I can't do it all the time.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on the Van Halen reunion?

Thoughts on The Police reunion?

Five favorite bands of all-time?

Best large-scale concert you have seen?

Three favorite movies of all-time?

Just how intimidating was it to sit at a table with me in Event 2 last year?

Why did you let that guy hit his 2 outter or whatever it was? PROTECT YOUR HAND! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No thoughts on Van Halen or Police.

Five favorite bands of all time? Nirvana, Arcade Fire, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and probably The Stokes. Arcade Fire is currently far and away my favorite band.

A Sonic Youth show when I was really young (maybe 14) comes to mind, but it wasn't an outdoor large scale concert, just the paramount in Seattle.

Three favorite movies? Hmm, I'll go with Pulp Fiction, Royal Tenenbaums, and Rushmore. Wes Andersen and Owen Wilson are brilliant imo.

Haha, very intimidating. That hand was so brutal. The worst was it came right after I doubled up on a weird hand where I jammed something like 7 blinds from the sb with 74o on Paul Darden and he looked me up with Q6o for like half his chips. I of course made a flush. Didn't you say people were talking afterwards about how I should have bet the flop? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a fan of The Police? That's surprising given what I have read of your musical taste.

I have been meaning to listen to Arcade Fire since U2 used them as their lead in song for their last tour. Now I will actually do so.

Yeah I remember the grumbling about you being a donkey for the 74o hand. Yes, people were berating you for getting that dude to put his chips in nearly drawing dead. It was pretty classic listening to them explain the hand to Jennifer Harmon.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were going to buy 10% of any 3 2+2ers in the WSOP main event (assuming they would sell to you without hesitation) which 3 would they be?

What are the toughest tournaments online?

Who's play, be it live or online, has really impressed you?

Who's play, be it live or online, has really NOT?

Should every serious MTT player who wants to get better at deep stacks for live events spend some serious time in NL cash games?

[/ QUOTE ]

MLG, Strassa, and Rizen. With Shaniac and iMsoLucky0 coming in right behind them.

The toughest tourneys online? i guess the 200r on stars is probably the toughest field.

Erick Lindgren's play impressed me immensely. I played with him for nearly all of day 2 at the WPT championship. It was awsome. It was like he could get people to do exactly what he wanted every time. He was 100% confident in everything he did and had such a presence at the table.

Alan Georhing is someone who I've played with a couple times and not been impressed with. As I'm sure everyone knows he plays a very strange style. If I didn't know how successful he's been I'd think he's absolutely awful.

I think playing cash games is definitely a good idea for learning to play deeper stacks in tournaments, but it's still not the same. The dynamics are so different and with tournaments it's not just knowing how to play 100 blinds and 10 blinds but all the way in between.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have yet to watch The Wire, but with all of the recommendations from people I respect a lot, I have to get it now.

I'm disappointed with the PLO analysis.

Can you at least explain some basic beer pong strategy besides throw the ball in the cup?

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful not to hit the middle cup first.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:10 PM

Full Tilt Poker Game #1791502130: $35,000 Guarantee (12866990), Table 13 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:04:04 ET - 2007/02/13
Seat 1: techie_sims (2,265)
Seat 2: luvfish (2,955), is sitting out
Seat 3: nsd4eva (3,045)
Seat 4: Beat Man (2,925)
Seat 5: colson10 (2,970)
Seat 6: bigwinner02 (3,000)
Seat 7: kearlypa (3,840)
Seat 8: moosetund (3,000)
Seat 9: Wlleiotl (3,000)
colson10 posts the small blind of 15
bigwinner02 posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
kearlypa folds
moosetund folds
Wlleiotl folds
techie_sims raises to 60
luvfish folds
nsd4eva folds
Beat Man folds
colson10 calls 45
bigwinner02 folds
*** FLOP *** [4h 2c 4c]
colson10 checks
techie_sims checks
*** TURN *** [4h 2c 4c] [9c]
colson10 checks
techie_sims bets 90
colson10 raises to 360
techie_sims calls 270
*** RIVER *** [4h 2c 4c 9c] [3c]
colson10 checks
techie_sims bets 570
colson10 raises to 2,550, and is all in
techie_sims calls 1,275, and is all in
Uncalled bet of 705 returned to colson10
*** SHOW DOWN ***
colson10 shows [2h 2s] (a full house, Twos full of Fours)
techie_sims mucks
colson10 wins the pot (4,560) with a full house, Twos full of Fours
techie_sims is sitting out
techie_sims stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,560 | Rake 0
Board: [4h 2c 4c 9c 3c]
Seat 1: techie_sims mucked
Seat 2: luvfish didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: nsd4eva didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Beat Man (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: colson10 (small blind) showed [2h 2s] and won (4,560) with a full house, Twos full of Fours
Seat 6: bigwinner02 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: kearlypa didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: moosetund didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: Wlleiotl didn't bet (folded)

Explain please.