Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Katy

DUH, Voracious just reminded me of my newest collection. Liquor bottles. Just started it about 3 weeks ago, they are all sitting on my kitchen counter, and they've almost all been finished by myself, although others helped drink at my local bar. I have about 12 so far and I only collect really cool looking ones. I must post pics of the collection, it's pretty cool actually, unique and different bottles. One is shaped like a bong (Vodka) it's pretty cool.

T
Old 10-15-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: What Have You Collected?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you go to this site I have everything on the main page. I mainly collect things made by Kit Rae. He's prob the best fantasy knife/sword maker in the world. The 1st pic(The Valdris) is the one that I have. I started collecting his stuff about 6 yrs ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I like the Medusa dagger. So do you have these on display in your place? I imagine they all take up a bit of room.

Also about the hot sauces: do you use hot sauce frequently? Do you collect unopened bottles? Can you recommend a good hot sauce? I like the standard tabasco but am looking for something hotter without the 'chemical burn' flavor, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Katey and Leapfrog...

I had them on display before I moved. They were mounted on walls or sitting on shelves in a spare bedroom. Sad to say right now they are in boxes. I haven't gotten around to putting them back out yet. I want to set up a room with track lighting so each piece has a light shining on it. For the larger pieces(swords) I'd like to get some kind of cabinet with a mirror on the back to display those.

My friends always called the room "The Dungeon." We used to joke that if there was ever an earthquake and we were in that room we'd never make it out alive. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edited to add.....They are for decoration only. Most of them are razor sharp so I guess you could use them for self defense if you had to.

LeapFrog...

I use every hot sauce that I collect and they get used A LOT. Some have better flavors than others. Those usually get used up and I replace it whenever I get a chance.

I've found that the best places to get them are either at speciality stores or at BBQ festivals. I'm sure you could order them online but I've never done that. When it comes to the heat or flavor that gets tricky. Some people can tolerate hot stuff better than others. You'll have to try different ones to see if you like it or not. One thing to remember is if it has habanero, scotch bonnet or red cayenne it's prob going to be real hot. Some people think jalepenos are hot but I call those people sissy's. Also, you might need to take an ice cube(or more) to the bathroom until you build up a tolerence to the sauces. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Some of my favs...

Ass in the Tub
Ass in Hell
Ass in Antartica
Iguana Mean Green Hot n' Tasty Jalapeņo Pepper Sauce
Iguana Red Cayenne Pepper Sauce
D. L. Jardine's Blazin' Saddle Habaņero XXX Hot Sauce
Da' Bomb Beyond Insanity
Da' Bomb Ground Zero
Hemorrhoid Helper Hot Sauce
Satan's Blood

If you're feeling a little brave and want to try some really hot stuff, buy some of Dave's Insanity Sauce. If you do, I assume no responsibility for what might happen to you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Anything made by Dave is worth buying. I have several different types of his sauce and they are all great. I have a bunch more but these are some of my favorites.

To give you an idea of how hot Dave's Insanity sauce is, the list below is the Scovile Heat Scale. It's how they measure the heat of peppers. The peppers are measured in parts per million of capsaicin.

Dave's Insnity Sauce - approx 1.5 million
Red Savin Habanero over 577,000
Habanero = 100,000 - 300,000
Scotch bonnet = 80,000 - 150,000
Cayenne = 35,000 - 70,000
Jalapeņo = 30,000 - 50,000
Super chilli = 25,000 - 55,000
Bell pepper = 0
Old 10-15-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a star wars coin! How many do you think you have? When did they stop selling them and do you actively look for them on ebay or at flea markets?

[/ QUOTE ]

The standard set of 62 coins came out in 1985 to try to boost sales, which were falling since the last movie came out in '83. Some were packaged with action figures, and some were only available through the mail. These were followed by two more series of coins based on the Star Wars cartoons, and a bunch of anniversary coins and other promotional coins (like Mardi Gras doubloons).

eBay is basically the only way to get these now. They're too rare to show up at flea markets. A couple coins that I bought for $80 and $100 around 2001 recently sold for $750 and $725 on eBay. A new series of coins is currently being released, but I've been backpacking through Europe for the past 5 months and have no idea what the deal is with those right now.

I've got about 150 different coins from the '80s.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To give you an idea of how hot Dave's Insanity sauce is, the list below is the Scovile Heat Scale. It's how they measure the heat of peppers. The peppers are measured in parts per million of capsaicin.

Bell pepper = 0

[/ QUOTE ]

I love ultra spicy found and my friends and I used to have pepper eating contests. I have never found something that was too hot or spicy for me - the closest I came was a dish that was the 3rd place winner is some national tai food hottest dish challenge.

Which one is the hottest sauce? I want to try it. Or, is Dave's Insanity Sauce enough to kick anyone's butt?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bell pepper = 0

[/ QUOTE ]

I love ultra spicy found and my friends and I used to have pepper eating contests. I have never found something that was too hot or spicy for me - the closest I came was a dish that was the 3rd place winner is some national tai food hottest dish challenge.

Which one is the hottest sauce? I want to try it. Or, is Dave's Insanity Sauce enough to kick anyone's butt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave's is more than enough for anyone. If you get a bottle here's a test for you.

Take a toothpick and dip it in the sauce 1/4" and taste it. If it's not the hottest thing you've ever tried then you have no taste buds or you've got a high tolerence for pain. Make sure you have something to drink when you do this. I'm one of the few people I know that can eat Habaneros without passing out or throwing up and Dave's kicks my ass......but I love it. It's not a sauce for flavor it's strictly for heat.

Every year I make a 5 gallon pot of chili for a Super Bowl party. I add 1.5 teaspoons of Dave's and 90% of the people say it's too hot. I think it's just right.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:39 AM

Katy --

I can't see your pic of your BF's stuff, but I can see your horse.

Re: buying the same stuff over and over/clothes, I am very much like this. I dont' find stuff I think is particularly good or interesting that much, so when I see something I like, I will often buy the same thing in another color or even a "back-up." The back-up may be the same size, but sometimes I guy it one larger in case it shrinks. If I buy it on sale, sometimes I wear it and wash it right away to see if it shrinks, so I can decide whether to buy more in larger sizes before the sale is over. All my life I have bought many shirts and pants that were the same, but in different colors, and occasionally different styles.

My last purchase of something kind of expensive like this was a couple of Calvin Klein suits for $500 each. One was black, and one navy. But the navy is so dark that it is hard to tell whether it is black or not until you hold the navy version up against the black. Even then, the contrast is not startling.

If I find something I like, I tend to stick to it, and branch outward from there. Eventually I often wind up someplace unusual, or in many places, but generally I lay a strong foundation and respect it, and always have a core to come home to and grow from.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:56 AM

CDs (8+ meters)
DVDs (6+ meters)

Memories. Don't take that much pictures or collect memorabilia, I just treasure the memories in my head.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are also some super special things in there that I would never show anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thumbs from hitchhikers? Yeah, those were the days ...
Old 10-15-2007, 07:00 AM

Absolut magazine ads. Little plastic NFL helmets, the kind that come from gumball machines. I also have a memories box, and oddly enough it includes a necklace from a phase.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 AM

I guess the most recent thing I collected was DVDs. My collection got to 1600+, but then I realised quite a few of them I'm never gonna watch again, and started to sell some off. I'm sorta not into it now, given the ease you can rent stuff. I mostly collect foreign films or TV shows, if anything, these days.

I recently started acquiring an old comic I used to like called 'Plop', that was sort of a cross between 'Mad' and 'Tales of the Crypt'. I did it by accident really as my son ased me what my favourite comics were, and I described this to him, and he wanted to read one. I got one off ebay and he loved it, so I am slowly acquiring them (there were only 24 editions in all).

Funnily enough, I went through something similar when he was about 7 ( years ago), and he found an old Asterix book that belonged to me. A lot of them were out of print, so I slowly acquired the rest on ebay, and we got every single one. My younger son has now inherited them....