Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: I didn\'t get my deposit bonus either.

[ QUOTE ]
I was told by the in-game chat host that I would still be able to get my deposit bonus as a US-player if I cleared the 165k action points(which takes FOREVER). I then cleared the action point requirement on the 28th but didn't get my bonus. I've been on the phone with several people, and emailed several times, but it looks like I'm going to get screwed. The other posts by people on here have me worried that the cashout I have processed won't come, and that transfering to Full Tilt may even be a problem. I really hope to get Doyle at a tournament table or something some time and ask him why I'm getting screwed when he guarenteed my money would be safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like they pulled the old rope-a-dope move on you. Enjoy!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Doyles Room rip off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle's network shut them out as far as US players are concerned, and they don't really have any good choices for moving to a different network.

I can't see putting full responsibility for what's going on with them, on Doyle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doyles has the right to pull out of the U.S. market if they want. It's disappointing but I have no problem with it.

Doyles lied repeatedly about their plans and then sprung this on us at the last moment. That's completely on them.

Doyles refused to honor accumulated action points, effectively cheating U.S. players out of bonuses and merchandise worth hundreds or thousands of dollars. That's completely on them too.

Doyle Brunson's name and likeness popped up at login every day for months and assured us we were safe. Doyle Brunson is a liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Steller, what would you like for Doyle to do?

Doyle's room runs on a network... they do not have their own software... they are being kicked off their network sooner than they were originally told they would, and merged into a network that will not allow US players... there is no good option for switching networks, at this time... what to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough - the amount of time given to find a new network was ridiculously short, but PokerHost is finding a way to do it. Sure they are significantly smaller than DR and so I would assume the logistics are a bit more simple for PH, but at least they are making the attempt and not giving US players the shaft.