Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you do?
Raise 46 71.88%
Fold 0 0%
Call 18 28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: In which order should Star Wars be watched?

Out of curiosity: Is it cool these days to say that episodes 1-3 suck? And it seems the really cool elitist snubs even pile on 6? I seriously don't get all the hate, they've all been pretty good imo. Not all of them were great, but not so bad that you shouldn't see them at all.

I'd watch it 1-6, but I'm also a sucker for logic.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity: Is it cool these days to say that episodes 1-3 suck? And it seems the really cool elitist snubs even pile on 6? I seriously don't get all the hate, they've all been pretty good imo. Not all of them were great, but not so bad that you shouldn't see them at all.

I'd watch it 1-6, but I'm also a sucker for logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 really isn't that bad. it could have been awesome though. oh well.

also lol at Tim's post above.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM

For all the people bitching about Ewoks, I have 3 words for you: Jar Jar Binks. See? Ewoks don't seem so bad now, do they?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they all had their moments. For all of the goofy [censored] you gotta put up with, the good scenes are still legendary. Ian Mc Diarmid alone makes the new trilogy worth the price of admission.

I actually left the theater pissed after Sith. I'm pretty easy to please and I don't get off on saying "how much stuff sucks" just for the sake of looking edgy. But I was just blown away at how Lucas could be such an egotistical, bullheaded idiot- at how he blew the greatest opportunity ever- thinking how awesome it could have been if he had given up just a little control to a proven commodity that could have tightened up the script.

That said, ROTS is now probably my fave of the 6. I happened across Phantom Menace the other day and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. But between the blatant contradictions, cheesy dialogue and crummy acting (Sam Jackson was just as bad as Christensen- they can't do the green screen thing apparently) it would sure would be nice if Lucas gave up control and let someone else have a go at a remake someday.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 PM

Of course, the whole story is now told the way George Lucas intended it to be told so...

Read Cliffs Notes of 1 (and watch the last lightsaber fight)
Then 2
Then Clone Wars DVDs
Then 3

The acting in the originals were never great, the dialog was just as cheezy ("You like me because I'm a scoundrel") and the characters were just as whiny. It's just that the originals have grown on us over time. The prequels, though I still don't think they're as good as the originals, establish the storyline. Episodes II and III weren't as bad as everyone says and if you cut out Jar-Jar scenes, Episode I is at least watchable.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:59 PM

I guess I have to say 456123, but as 123 went on, the tiny bit of plot they had got worse. Acting in one terrible,
but terrible in 3 also,

(***SPOILER ALERT***)

I was initally O.K.with it just being special effects, and the Obi Wan character worked, but then in 3 the whole, key movement of Vader to the dark side, which is the key to the whole series, didn't make any sense. For a moment in the movie I thought they were going to have the Emperor tell him that she was have an affair with Obi Wan, which he would believe because of all of the secret meetings, and that the childred weren't his, and that was why he was going to kill them, because if the Emperor hadn't lied to him like this and told him the two people closest to him betrayed him, he would never get angry enough to fully cross over, and certainly to kill his own family. I thought the cross over was going be over that momentarily, and slavery. Would have been better character driver. As such a fan of the original, and O.K. with the first two, the last one was disappointing.

So watch 4 after you get done anyway, better finish.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:32 PM

I always imagined a love triangle between Obi-wan, Vader, and Amidala would have made a lot more sense and been much more dramatic.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:25 PM

4563 followed by

Old 07-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Upon first ever Star Wars Viewing without a doubt it should be like this...

IV: A New Hope
V: The Empire Strikes Back
VI: Return of the Jedi
I: The Phandom Menace
II: Attack of the Clones
Clone Wars Volume I
Clone Wars Volume II
III: Revenge of the Sith

However, once they've been seen previously I would watch them in the actual sequential order, still including Clone Wars I and II between Episode II and III.

Oh, and don't watch spaceballs, it's amazingly bad.

(Sorry 4_2_it)
Old 07-09-2007, 04:47 PM

I also hate Spaceballs.