Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Whats the \"best\" sport?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Disagree on soccer. It's much easier to get good at something with your hands than with your feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you...

Our college, like most, had intramurals....

Our intramural soccer games were full of people pretty much just wildly kicking at the ball. Each team would usually have a few guys that could dribble decently, and some of the better teams had guys that could pass to their teamates well and run certain give and gos and other plays. But even the horrible people who would just run and kick at the ball would still score goals from time to time....and a goal is a big deal in soccer.

With basketball, the horrible people would just be a complete joke on the court....they'd be lucky to make one or two baskets all game- and unlike soccer, one or two baskets isn't a big deal in basketball. Moreover they'd get the ball stolen from them often, and I think turnovers are a bigger deal in basketball than in soccer(although I'm not certain).

[/ QUOTE ]

At a game where most people are not good, scoring is always much easier. The worst guy on the team scoring a point is standard.

Because people in America play basketball a whole lot more and are therefore much more likely to be somewhat reasonable players, and because it's something using your hands, which people can inherently adapt to quickly, the ability to stop someone from scoring in that game is far higher.