Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: General Music Discussion Thread Vol. 2

Antics is great. Like really good. I'm not sure if it's better than TOTBL, but I like it more if that makes any sense.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've only listened to In Rainbows once, and I'm gonna refrain from comment atm because I've decided I never know how I feel about an album till I've heard it at least 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

This generally seems like a good policy. That said, I think I would have to do a lot of warming up to this to not consider it a bit of a disappointment. I've never heard Pablo Honey, but subject to that I think it's probably my least favorite of their albums. After my first listen, nothing has grabbed me or seemed very memorable, and all of the previous albums had at least a standout or two that I loved immediately.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the last week I've seen, Minus the Bear, Arcade Fire, Blonde Redhead, LCD Soundsystem, Les Savay Fav, Pinback, and I have the National tomorrow night. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Fall Shows in NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

How were Pinback? They're in the UK next month - I'm excited. I saw Minus the Bear when I vistited NYC a few years ago - some venue in Hoboken with Statistics supporting. I was there for two weeks and could have happily gone to shows every night. Awesome scene.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:51 AM

Here's what I posted in the Radiohead thread in OOT:

[ QUOTE ]
So I've listened to it 2.5 times now. It's fine, but it hasn't grabbed me yet in the way I would like it to. There are songs that seem to start out very promisingly - Bodysnatchers, Nude, Reckoner - but then go somewhere that doesn't quite do it for me as much. There's no one song that I really truly love, at least not yet, and all of their previous albums had something that got me right away. I think one thing that's missing is the sort of through the roof, melodramatic melancholia that usually shows up - Exit Music, Motion Picture Soundtrack, Pyramid Song, etc. I eat that [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've listened to it again since then, and I'm mostly sticking to it. I'd love to hear other opinions on the album.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:02 AM

calvin harris is so [censored] awesome. all i do is listen to css, calvin harris, and other fun little dance/pop bands (digitalism, justice etc) right now, but i can't resist their little bleeps, bloops and funky bass. i need to check into hipster rehab.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 AM

justice on kimmel was awesome, to whovever said so before. the prince and rick james look-a-likes were so good.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:18 AM

If anyone is into bluegrass check out Trampled by Turtles. Here is their myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=26923130

My friend is the banjo player and I'm not real huge on bluegrass but I really dig their music. They put on a great live show as well. I'd guess I've seen them 20 times or so and they tour all over so if you like their music and have the chance check them out.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Can't stop listening to the new Beirut, super original Long Island indie rawk!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Not a new band, but does any else like Metric as much as I do?
I've been really getting into them lately and I think Old World Underground is freaking amazing.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:31 AM

Just got the new Chromatics album, listening to it now. The track that really jumps out is a cover of Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill". Best Kate Bush cover I've heard in three years!

Full review later.