Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 12:08 AM

Default Re: cheating death

lol nath.

actually i feel like i'm here for a reason. like god has something he needs me to do later on, so i'm still alive for that reason and a few others that i can think of and some i havent thought of yet.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol nath.

actually i feel like i'm here for a reason. like god has something he needs me to do later on, so i'm still alive for that reason and a few others that i can think of and some i havent thought of yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fighting younghov
Old 12-15-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol nath.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fighting younghov

[/ QUOTE ]

While most certainly a divine plan, I highly doubt that when God thinks of plans for folks he saves from certain peril, he's thinkin "ooooh, I could send this guy to 10k fight yo an angry bald white boy from the internet in lieu of a painful death".
Old 12-15-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol nath.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fighting younghov

[/ QUOTE ]

While most certainly a divine plan, I highly doubt that when God thinks of plans for folks he saves from certain peril, he's thinkin "ooooh, I could send this guy to 10k fight yo an angry bald white boy from the internet in lieu of a painful death".

[/ QUOTE ]
You never know. God has a weird sense of humor.

I often wonder the same sorts of things, if I' suppoed to be here for something grander, but I can't figure it out. I often feel like Homer Simpson after he eats the fugu and survives the death scare and then says "I vow to live life to the fullest!" and we immediately see him watching the Tonight Show eating potato chips or whatever.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol nath.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fighting younghov

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You never know. God has a weird sense of humor.

I often wonder the same sorts of things, if I' suppoed to be here for something grander, but I can't figure it out. I often feel like Homer Simpson after he eats the fugu and survives the death scare and then says "I vow to live life to the fullest!" and we immediately see him watching the Tonight Show eating potato chips or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
He was watching bowling eating pork rinds.

I just proved that God obviously has big plans for me.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had salmonella, got it from a bad schnitzel. I was [censored] and barfing for 2 days, glad my uncle works in the hospital. (He is a pathologist lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is nowhere near death. had it for 8 days from the first time i ever cooked chicken. 3 days in hospital, pretty [censored] awful illness, but nothing near death.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol nath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh...

While it's cool that you feel your life has meaning because of this incident, your statement essentially says that God had no plan for other kids that died in similar accidents at similar ages. It's like a macabre version of "God wanted me to hit that home run". Do you think part of God's plan for you included doing things that will get 9 guns pointed at your head and busting through roadblocks at 3.5x+ the speed limit?

This doesn't even take into account my feelings on religion.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:12 AM

dali-

we could argue this forever. religion is the most difficult discussion.

to answer your question, i dont know. i dont know why god would take a 2 year old out of this world. i cant expect myself to understand that.

before i was born my dad's aunt (re:very close to our family) lost her daughter to hotchkins. she was eight i think. it was sick. the overwhelming sadness of losing a child is comparable to none.

i dont act as though i am a smart christian, nor do i think i am a good christian, i simply am one. it's what i believe in, but in the same breath i'd say i'm tolerant of most other religions, as long as they're not knocking on my door on a saturday morning or getting their compound burnt to the ground in Waco, TX. there's nothing more stupid to me than an intolerant christian. do unto others.

-Tex
Old 12-15-2006, 09:18 AM

i almost forgot:

OH YEAHZ? OH YEAHZ? WELL, 10K FIGHT YO IM COMING TO HOUSTON TONIGHT YOU LITTLE BITCH.

Wait, what are we fighting about again?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:38 AM

Botched a freestyle jump on skies. Didn't finish the sommersault rotation and landed on my head/neck. Was dead (well pulse-less and not breathing) for about 45 seconds according to friends who rushed to help.

I woke up on the scooter on the way to the medic cabin. Spent the night at the hospital.
Results: broke a bunch of ribs on my left side - ate fantastic painkillers for a bout 3 months and flipped death the bird. I notice some minor impairments in fine-motoric skills pre/post jump though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

No more skiing...