Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Longshot Theoretical Question: Paul v Hillary

[ QUOTE ]

People will be fed up (as they're already getting) but give it 5 more years and people won't just merely fed up but mad as hell. Why is Bush spending a TRILLION dollars in Iraq (by the end of 2008) for a dream that isn't working anyway? Why, as Ron Paul asks, are our U.S. border guards being shipped out for duty in Iraq instead of staying at home protecting our borders like they are supposed to be doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly during the great depression a lot of the same stuff was going down. Instead of moving to a different candidate FDR moved into the white house permanently. Of course he did it by buying votes in disgusting ways.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

People will be fed up (as they're already getting) but give it 5 more years and people won't just merely fed up but mad as hell. Why is Bush spending a TRILLION dollars in Iraq (by the end of 2008) for a dream that isn't working anyway? Why, as Ron Paul asks, are our U.S. border guards being shipped out for duty in Iraq instead of staying at home protecting our borders like they are supposed to be doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly during the great depression a lot of the same stuff was going down. Instead of moving to a different candidate FDR moved into the white house permanently. Of course he did it by buying votes in disgusting ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but 1930's = no Internet. Today 80% of Americans use the Internet and it is now a major force for influencing, informing and forming public political opinions, and becoming more so.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen what % of voters support universal healthcare?

Pass me some of that good [censored] you are smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one major issue, but there will be multiple major issues on the minds of voters next election.

Do you think that one issue outweighs in the minds of voters all of the following combined: 1) getting out of the Iraq, 2) oil prices, 3) inflation, 4) illegal immigration, 4) everything else?

I don't think it will be a one-issue election. Do you?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hillary isn't liberal enough, so instead, the Democrats will cross the aisle to vote for the only man in Congress who is on the record as being against the Civil Rights Act.

In what world would this scenario be plausible to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I'm black and superficially it would seem the Civil Rights Act matters far less to me than it does to you (you've brought this up in numerous threads). I wonder why the Jewish population didn't need legislation to break into dominant positions in the population of Ivy League schools and prominent centers of finance. I think the reason you keep repeating this meme is part of this affliction of "intentions over outcomes" that many liberals have. When you say ZOMG Civil Rights Act, it never comes with a specific policy issue you're trying to address, rather than trying to equivocate Ron Paul's rational opposition with some vision of the racist '60s. Why should we care NOW that he's explicitly opposed? Wasn't George Wallace a Democrat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a Democrat? It doesn't seem like it from this post.

All I'm trying to say is that a man who wants to repeal the CRA (and toss out Texas v. Lawrence, and toss out Griswold v. Connecticut, and is pro-life, and, and, and) does not sound like someone Democrats will "hopefully wake up to vote for".
Old 11-07-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hillary isn't liberal enough, so instead, the Democrats will cross the aisle to vote for the only man in Congress who is on the record as being against the Civil Rights Act.

In what world would this scenario be plausible to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I'm black and superficially it would seem the Civil Rights Act matters far less to me than it does to you (you've brought this up in numerous threads). I wonder why the Jewish population didn't need legislation to break into dominant positions in the population of Ivy League schools and prominent centers of finance. I think the reason you keep repeating this meme is part of this affliction of "intentions over outcomes" that many liberals have. When you say ZOMG Civil Rights Act, it never comes with a specific policy issue you're trying to address, rather than trying to equivocate Ron Paul's rational opposition with some vision of the racist '60s. Why should we care NOW that he's explicitly opposed? Wasn't George Wallace a Democrat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a Democrat? It doesn't seem like it from this post.

All I'm trying to say is that a man who wants to repeal the CRA (and toss out Texas v. Lawrence, and toss out Griswold v. Connecticut, and is pro-life, and, and, and) does not sound like someone Democrats will "hopefully wake up to vote for".

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that Democrats won't vote for anyone with integrity?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:27 PM

I think Ron Paul is the ONLY Reb. who can beatng he would beat Hilary. I know this sounds crazy and I am not saying he would beat her just that he is the only one who has a chnace at it. I do not think anyone who supports the war in Iraq has a chance at the White House in 2008
Old 11-07-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you even trying anymore?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you even trying anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying what? I asked you a serious question. Are you even trying anymore?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Ron Paul is the ONLY Reb. who can beatng he would beat Hilary. I know this sounds crazy and I am not saying he would beat her just that he is the only one who has a chnace at it. I do not think anyone who supports the war in Iraq has a chance at the White House in 2008

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why do you think Hillary has a chance?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trying what? I asked you a serious question.

[/ QUOTE ]

On what planet would significant numbers of Democrats vote for a guy that is as far away from them on every conceivable social issue as we are from the moon?

And where does "I won't vote for a guy that wants to let states criminalize gay sex again" magically transform into Democrats lacking integrity?