Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: The whole Clonie/cocaine thing

[ QUOTE ]
Heroin is always dangerous. Do you mean resin from the opium poppy? I know people can boil it as a tea without much of an effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, heroin is not inherently dangerous, it is non-toxic in its pure form.

Also it can be used recreationally without physical dependence, we have known that since the end of the Vietnam war when they did studies with the returning American soldiers who became addicted over there. Many chose to take it recreationally when they returned without addiction. You may not read this in the popular literature, but you will in the academic addiciton literaute.

So in summary, Gowen is a tramp, coke makes for alert poker playing, and doing heroin > playing poker kids!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

idiots that use it? lol. yes a lot of people that take it/have taken it may be 'idiots' but you are more of an idiot making such a generalisation. in fact your whole post was hogwash

[/ QUOTE ]

Please describe a situation where hard-drug use does not qualify you as an idiot. I am not closed minded.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ZOMG a consenting adult snorts coke!!! Seriously, who cares? From a scientific viewpoint a weekend coke user is doing no more harm to themselves than a casual drinker.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to show proof before making ridiculous claims like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, i can link you to numerous articles by proffessors concerning cocaine and its dangers in comparison to alcohol use, but I actually can;t be bothered.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i hear it's great for your heart

[/ QUOTE ]

My argument was NOT that cocaine is GOOD for you. I plan never to snort coke due to the health implications. HOWEVER, I was emphasising how bad alcohol is for you (I hear its great for your liver), and there ARE articles and medical journals out there which go as far to say that hard drugs such as heroine and cocaine are less life threatning than excessive alcohol use. If you look at the statsitics at deaths from cocaine/heroine compared with deaths from alcohol (in proportion to users) you will be alarmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alcohol certainly causes more harm to our society than cocaine does.

One thing about cocaine, if you ever try it, I promise you that you have never felt better than you will during your first cocaine experience. You will feel like superman. You will also never feel 'quite' that good during subsequent uses but will feel compulsed to use more. Some people are able to manage that and use periodically or in moderation, but a lot are not able to do this.

I used cocaine periodically on the weekends for a while, usually on long weekends. Then I went to every weekend. Then I went to getting some during the week. I went through like 30K over the course or a couple years on cocaine. I was using 1/2 ounce per week and this was nasally, not smoking it. I stopped for a while and then went back to weekend use, then to some weekends. I have not used it in a while now. The 1/2 ounce per week binge was very excessive and I never thought I would use so heavily, but i had the money and got caught up with it.

Mixing with alcohol is worse because the pleasure you feel is even more intense. Mixing the 2 actually creates a new chemical, cocaethylene, in your body.

Once you turn into a frequent user the pleasure diminishes and the chasing of the high, the preoccupation with getting and using it moves to the foreground and the super high feeling lasts a few minutes and most of the rest is a waste.

It is a very risky proposition to experiment with cocaine. buyer beware.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Heroin is always dangerous. Do you mean resin from the opium poppy? I know people can boil it as a tea without much of an effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what I mean is that if you have an unlimited supply of pure herion and do not take amounts that will lead to OD you can do it daily well into your 80's. The substance known as herion is a benign substance to the human body.

Or if you used it constantly but not in amounts that would make you 'nod' you could in fact remain a functional addict going to work, etc and no one would know (unless they though something was up due to your 15minute bathroom breaks).

Yes, I am aware they don't provide this information in school.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true mostly again what you say, but a low level opiate addiction is similar to that of caffeine. Both raise your likelyhood of cardiac problems, especially is you are predisposed to them. I wouldn't want to make a prop bet on doing either everyday until I'm 80, I'm taking under on anyone who uses either everyday until 80.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, heroin is not inherently dangerous, it is non-toxic in its pure form.

Also it can be used recreationally without physical dependence, we have known that since the end of the Vietnam war when they did studies with the returning American soldiers who became addicted over there. Many chose to take it recreationally when they returned without addiction. You may not read this in the popular literature, but you will in the academic addiciton literaute.

So in summary, Gowen is a tramp, coke makes for alert poker playing, and doing heroin > playing poker kids!

[/ QUOTE ]

Any word on if she gets her freak on with dudes when doing lines? I think if I remember correctly she's married isn't she? That would put it on the down low if she does but I am curious to know if she's gettin nasty up in someone's hotel room doing blow. I hope she is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-15-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: The whole Clonie/cocaine thing *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 05-15-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what I mean is that if you have an unlimited supply of pure herion and do not take amounts that will lead to OD you can do it daily well into your 80's. The substance known as herion is a benign substance to the human body.

Or if you used it constantly but not in amounts that would make you 'nod' you could in fact remain a functional addict going to work, etc and no one would know (unless they though something was up due to your 15minute bathroom breaks).

Yes, I am aware they don't provide this information in school.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true mostly again what you say, but a low level opiate addiction is similar to that of caffeine. Both raise your likelyhood of cardiac problems, especially is you are predisposed to them. I wouldn't want to make a prop bet on doing either everyday until I'm 80, I'm taking under on anyone who uses either everyday until 80.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. But my point is moreso to point out that the public perception is very far off from what is actually true about the drug heroin.

It is much more harmful to stay drunk on booze than high on heroin. The problems come because heroin is illegal and therefore the markup on its importation is astronimical. So a daily supply can cost $100 and up. If your pulling down 500K/yr its not an issue and you can use without issue. but the vast majority of people can't afford that so they turn to crime and skip meals to but it, and run themselves ragged on the streets, etc.

There are some studies done in Switzerland giving addicts heroin that are very interesting. I wrote up a bunch of stuff in the politics forum about drug legalization a few weeks ago and no one really disputed what I had to say.

Here's a link to that thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...6795&page=

let me know what you think.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:21 PM

Christ, Marmor, learn how to resize your images.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christ, Marmor, learn how to resize your images.

[/ QUOTE ]

It ain't "my" pic - just googled and linked it. Yeah, I could have downloaded, resized it and upload it - but that's way too much effort for a short posting.
Closed Thread