Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Full lines are up:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice on the UFC lines. Think I'll go with what you said. Do you feel Sobral has any chance at all of beating Lidell? Did you pick a side for that one?

And I'll leave you with this youtube clip because it's half-ass on topic and pretty funny for UFC fans:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lR6igCDKeww

Thanks,
T

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of people whom i tend to trust implicitly are putting money on babalu, but personally i dont see the value in it, i just dont think he can win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you 100%. Babalu is EXACTLY the same fighter as Chuck, except he's not quite as good at kickboxing, not quite as good as wrestling, and better at submissions (presumably).

Well, he's not taking Chuck down (if Randy and Tito can't do it), so this is a kickboxing match...and we all know how well everyone does in a kickboxing match against Chuck.

By the way. If Chuck wins this, and the fight against Silva (quite the assumption)...who is left? They are going to have to stick Tito in there for another beating right? There is no Light Heavyweight that can beat him in UFC that I can see.

SO, wouldn't it be interesting to see Rich Franklyn go up a weight class and challenge Chuck for the belt? Rich has fought, and been successful at 205. He has dynamite standup that hasn't really been challenged to this point (maybe early on by Jorge Rivera). I think both of these guys are studs, and since Hughes and Rich are too good of friends for Hughes to bulk up and Challenge Franklyn...I think this is something that should be considered.

Frankly, I think the champs are just too good for the competition. Diego will never beat Hughes...so he's stuck as a top contender (could he beat GSP?). Who's Franklyn got to worry about...Swick? Anderson Silva? I think Silva might have a shot, but that's the only guy. Chuck isn't scared of anyone at LHW. And the heavyweight division is embarrasing.

I don't know...They need something to shake things up...hopefully Vanerlei can help with that.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:56 PM

I'm also wondering what they're going to do when Silva beats Chuck. Which I strongly expect he will.

Will it be a title fight? Hopefully, if not just for the five round fight as three is way too short for this kind of a war.

So a rematch is probably obvious, assuming Chuck doesn't get hurt too bad.

Also, I think a healthy Tito will give Chuck a much better fight than last time. Tito is probably the only one in the weight class left who has even a chance to get the fight to the ground.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:12 PM

I read a while back Silva vs. Liddell is off. Dana jumped the gun with that announcement and subsequent Pride-UFC negotiations broke down. I believe it was a direct quote from Dana saying 'dealing with the Japanese is difficult' or something to that effect.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also wondering what they're going to do when Silva beats Chuck. Which I strongly expect he will.

Will it be a title fight? Hopefully, if not just for the five round fight as three is way too short for this kind of a war.

So a rematch is probably obvious, assuming Chuck doesn't get hurt too bad.

Also, I think a healthy Tito will give Chuck a much better fight than last time. Tito is probably the only one in the weight class left who has even a chance to get the fight to the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you already know that when Tito and Chuck trained together, Chuck beat the crap out of him. Tito was incapable of taking, and keeping Chuck down. That's why he stalled so long in giving Chuck the first fight (then was forced into it after losing to Randy)...he wanted to learn as much standup as he could. Well, we saw where that got him.

If he can't take Chuck down, how can he win the fight? I just don't see it happening. Perhaps, and it's a big perhaps, he could just throw endless takedown attempts at him and hope that by the 3rd or 4th round, he's less tired (which would be a good assumption). I just don't know if he can avoid the hammer to the face for that long.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a healthy Tito will give Chuck a much better fight than last time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im wholly unconvinced that Tito can recapture his previous glory. Tito *gassed* against Forrest (!!!!!), and hes fought injured before without gassing. The dude is no longer young, and after Dana sidelined him he was inactive for months.

I still consider him the #2 or #3 LHW in the UFC, probably the #2 unless Babalu can decision him (Tito is unsubbable, seriously).

As for the original question (who can take Chuck), its gonna be either Arona or Silva.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Liddell vs, Wandy Silva OFF

Lets not get too far off topic talking about Silva vs. Liddell since it won't be happening anytime soon. So have your energy and focus on fights that will happen.

Does anyone else feel used and decieved by the UFC and especially Dana White?

Wandy vs. Chuck is OFF

Tuds
Old 08-25-2006, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Liddell vs, Wandy Silva OFF

Subtitle for that article:

Zuffa has absolutely no clue how to do business with Japanese companies.

I wouldnt panic, honestly. Remember all the "DSE cant do shows in the US" announcements? DSE moves like an iceburg and tends to get what it wants, as soon as it behooves them to get the papers signed, Dana will get a fax.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a healthy Tito will give Chuck a much better fight than last time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im wholly unconvinced that Tito can recapture his previous glory. Tito *gassed* against Forrest (!!!!!), and hes fought injured before without gassing. The dude is no longer young, and after Dana sidelined him he was inactive for months.

I still consider him the #2 or #3 LHW in the UFC, probably the #2 unless Babalu can decision him (Tito is unsubbable, seriously).

As for the original question (who can take Chuck), its gonna be either Arona or Silva.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the Silva fight is off, and Arona could beat Chuck in a ring, but not the cage.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:30 PM

DSE announced Silva is fighting for them in LV in October, on the same card as Fedor - Coleman II. They just used the UFC for free publicity, no intention of ever making the fight. Dana's pretty dumb for making the announcement without a signed contract.

Oh, and to answer the question about Chuck, I'd love to see Rampage get another crack at him. He may be able to defend the double leg takedown, but he had no answer for the clinch/knees/dirty boxing.

Franklin would never take a fight with Chuck. His "greatness" is based on his ability to cut from 210 to 185, and then be back at 200 when the fight starts, this way he gets to beat up on much smaller guys. Fighting at 205, Ace would be a top 10 guy, but definitely not much more.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Early UFC 62 & 63 Lines

u really think liddell @ -275 is bad value? i understand that forrest is probably a better pick but personally i like to have some money on each fight rather than all in 1 pick... diversify... but if some1 was to put money on 1 fight i think ur prob right about forrest..