Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: UFC 73 Thread

penn is the only lightweight i can see beating sherk right now. ill be curious as to the line on this one. in my mind its kinda a shame as there are so many exciting lightweights and sherk is not too exciting in my mind, so it would be nice to see bj win this one. regardless of outcome should be a good fight and im glad bj is sticking around lightweight long enough to take it.

as far as who can take on sylvia at 185 im not sure. maybe rua if he comes to the ufc. aside from that franklin probally has the best shot. im sure he will be the underdog after how badly he got whooped last time but i still think rich could beat him and that it would be a good fight. that fight is the only chink ive seen in franklins armor so we will see.

GSP will probally be able to handle him as good as gsp's wrestling is, but sometimes when watching kos fight it is hard to imagine him losing. this fight should hinge on if gsp can stuff kos's amazing shot. ive never seen gsp be taken down easily even by the likes of sherk and hughes but ive also never seen anyone who has a shot as good as kos's.

Also has anyone heard any rumors about fedor coming in and showing the heavyweights how its done? maybe the ufc is letting the current dramas play out before they bring in fedor and give both belts. i love randy couture but it is scary to think about what a fight with him vs fedor would be like.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does anyone beat Sherk? His takedowns seem unstoppable. Kneeing him flush in the face repeatedly deosn't seem to hurt him, and he has no neck to guillotine. Does anyone beside BJ have a realistic chance of beating him?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Hermes kneed him straight in the face 2 or 3 times and Sherk ran through him as if nothing had happened. It's going to take a REALLY talented fighter to beat this guy.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:48 AM

I agree, Penn is pretty much the only one on the planet right now I'd say has a chance of beating Sherk.

I'd probably set a market line for Sherk vs. Penn at Sherk -200 / BJ Penn +180.

The true line will vary widely depending on which BJ Penn shows up. If its the motivated, in-shape lightweight fighter who is among the best p4p in the world, then a true line would probably be Beej -150 or even higher. Sherk does have huge holes in his game, primary among them a complete lack of offense outside of incredible ground control and takedowns. The "real" BJ Penn should be able to stuff some takedowns, definitely has more power than Franca in his hands, and is that much better on the ground.

Problem is assigning a probability to that occurrence vs BJ coming in unmotivated and getting sherked around the canvas for five rounds...
Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 PM

for the love of god why can't i find the big nog fight on the net yet or the kick and the rest of the round ???? i bet 100 bux on this fight online by mistake (long story) and because of slow friends i happened to miss the whole friggin fight. Anyone got a link to it plz ???
Old 07-08-2007, 01:18 PM

T69 - check your PMs.

-P
Old 07-08-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anderson Silva is GOOD.

Who can beat him currently in the UFC? Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan Henderson can definitely beat him, and I'm surprised that Henderson wasn't put in the 185 class to begin with
Old 07-08-2007, 01:29 PM

Anderson Silva was always good. As I mentioned his takedown defense was trash vs Lutter because of knee surgeries. He had much better balance this time around and marquardt is much better than lutter.

I still beleive rashad was a good bet @ any + number. I think rashad beats tito all day, but it seemed like Tito got into Rashad's head and then that takedown messed with rashad's mind even more. In that fight I saw Tito control something like 12 out of 15 minutes, but I also saw that Rashad has more skills than Tito.

I think marquadt true line might have been something like +160, which is kinda what i assumed anyway. Hope he comes back strong int he future, I've always liked watching him fight even though he's "boring"
Old 07-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Quick thoughts:

Nog scared the crap out of me. Good to see his heart (and Herring's lack of killer instinct) pull through and get through the fight.

Sherk impressed the hell out of me. Not only did he take down and pass Franca at will, but he showed a ridiculous chin. How he took 5 HUGE knees the head and look fresh after 5 rounds is amazing.

Rashad/Tito was disappointing LDO. Tito looked slow the entire fight and outside of the freak guillotine attempt, didn't look to finish it at any point.

Main event was bittersweet as I lost money on Nate, but I'm a pretty big Anderson fan.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:16 PM

Ortiz stamina is long gone it seems. He looked completely exhausted at the end of the fight and was pretty much that way at the end of the 2nd round.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, I'll take +185 on what I felt was a near coinflip any day. I think we just lost the flip. Hard to tell, ultimately. Fight was going exactly how Marq wanted (and exactly as I expected) before he got caught and finished.

-P

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you thought this fight was a near coinflip is puzzling.

There is a big difference between an Elite fighter and a Good/Really Good fighter.

Just cause you want something to happen doesnt mean anything .

Ill admit I don't pay attention to the lower tier fighters/undercard guys as you do but calling this fight a near coinflip pre-fight and post. Is just stupid.

Everybody picks em wrong once in a while, etc, not everybody disrespects elite fighters like this though.