Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Would you be willing to name your horses?

[ QUOTE ]
serious answer: im backed for mtts (i play cash on my own money) by two 2+2ers - not any of the names already mentioned in this thread, but that doesn't change how i play against either of them when we're at the same table. on the bubble of a 3k nlhe event, i was at the table with one of them and raised AK utg, he reraised from MP, and I instashoved having him barely covered because i had a sick tell that he'd fold even though he was getting ~2:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that you are not afraid to go all-in on the bubble with AK. Are you sure you aren't backed by BrynKenney?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
serious answer: im backed for mtts (i play cash on my own money) by two 2+2ers - not any of the names already mentioned in this thread, but that doesn't change how i play against either of them when we're at the same table. on the bubble of a 3k nlhe event, i was at the table with one of them and raised AK utg, he reraised from MP, and I instashoved having him barely covered because i had a sick tell that he'd fold even though he was getting ~2:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this sounds like its closre to chip dumping than it does to playing hard (not that I think you were chip dumping).
Old 08-21-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
serious answer: im backed for mtts (i play cash on my own money) by two 2+2ers - not any of the names already mentioned in this thread, but that doesn't change how i play against either of them when we're at the same table. on the bubble of a 3k nlhe event, i was at the table with one of them and raised AK utg, he reraised from MP, and I instashoved having him barely covered because i got AK son the straight up nizzles

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me what incentive a backee would have to softplay his backer or his backer's other player? I don't get squat if my backer or one of his other players cashes, so I can't understand how there is any conflict of interest, at least for the backee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knock out backer, backer gets angry, stops shipping you monies

OR

Softplay backer, backer wins tourney, buys you new car
Old 08-21-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
serious answer: im backed for mtts (i play cash on my own money) by two 2+2ers - not any of the names already mentioned in this thread, but that doesn't change how i play against either of them when we're at the same table. on the bubble of a 3k nlhe event, i was at the table with one of them and raised AK utg, he reraised from MP, and I instashoved having him barely covered because i got AK son the straight up nizzles

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EC WITH THE WHAMMSKEE SON
Old 08-21-2007, 01:40 AM

120k was shipped in by a yellowsubmarine on sunday....amirite??
Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 AM

I was recently staked for FTOPS Main Event and I'll be probably staked for several events during WCOOP by one of the best & richest Russian poker players.

He is not ghosting me and we rarely discuss something except for my busto hands. I think he will be even happy if one day I'll bust him from some big event as "small" (from his point of view) online tournaments are more important for me than for him...
Old 08-21-2007, 01:53 AM

im staked by timex for the sole purpose of running like 96% of timex stakees, that is.....like god.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:31 AM

Assuming a non-retarded deal not being available and a sufficiently large bankroll, why would any good player want to be backed? Disregard the 10k+ live events, I'm talking about long-term deals in the 100r etc. Is there any other reason than bad BR management?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:32 AM

Either your too busto or your a life nit.