Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: About the PokerRoom X-mas tourney

[ QUOTE ]
This is something I was wondering too. It's funny how when Bayou, Carnaval, Pokes many other skins default on $500,000-$1,000,000 nobody at PR cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I thought they were slow paying customers. You are saying they defaulted? More info?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:36 AM

Just want to point out that Pokeraddict wasn't quoting me even though it appears that way from his post.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 AM

G-sus is all I can say after reading this.

Economics 99 (so basic that it would be an insult to students to put it in 101): When you operate in a market you have to relate to the potential customers that market actually have. You can't just come here and say: "I am so angry because poker players make such a big deal out of something I think isn't a big deal [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]". It is their decision, not yours, what is a big deal for them and what isn't.

If catering to these customers isn't interesting for you, that's fair, then focus on other customers or even exit the business, but coming here to vent about how your customers don't think as you would like them to do, is disrespectful.

Psychology 99: To be treated with respect is more important than small amounts of money for most people.

Notice how you have now paid everybody as promised, they actually have no outstanding claims towards you, yet they are pissed, whereas somebody borrowing $19k and not being able to pay back but who would say he is sorry, they might forgive.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is something I was wondering too. It's funny how when Bayou, Carnaval, Pokes many other skins default on $500,000-$1,000,000 nobody at PR cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I thought they were slow paying customers. You are saying they defaulted? More info?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokes and a few other skins have yet to pay players from 60-90 days ago. To me that is a default. Go to CM and read his December Pitch a Bitches. There are about $150,000 in complaints there alone still not resolved.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just want to point out that Pokeraddict wasn't quoting me even though it appears that way from his post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct I used the quick post.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But I can honestly say that we have never deliberately ripped off any of our customers.

Sincerely,
Oskar Hornell
Founder of PokerRoom.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Check your rake structure.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The fact is that on the day of the tournament, a software glitch caused the information in our game client to change to read that this tournament was a $19,000 guaranteed tournament, though all other promotional and tournament info pages still stated that the tournament’s first prize was a flat screen HDTV valued at $2,000.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that this has been adressed but I can't resist asking - Is this a joke? People in your lobby were supposed to refer to your webpage to make sure what they read in the lobby was "true"? You sound like a 16 year old or something. It's like you've got no definition of integrity when dealing with customers. You should have left this, and most of the rest of what's in your condescending speech, out.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 AM

I seriously don't get why anyone would bother to defend their actions on a message board - they'll get shot in the head no matter what basically. lol.

Btw guys, thanks for fleeing OnGame, the fewer winning players the better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Correct play on 2p2 for Mr. PokerRoom.com: I am very sorry. Some underlings made a mistake by offering the wrong guarantee. Then they COMPOUNDED that mistake by taking money out of players' accounts w/o their knowledge. All the money has been refunded. We deeply regret this incident ever occurred and sincerely hope you will all give us another chance to earn back your trust.

Incorrect play on 2p2 for Mr. PokerRoom.com: what you said

[/ QUOTE ]

Suzzer - Oskar should have hired you as his public relations guy before posting. Nice post.

Oskar, you are digging yourself a deeper hole with each post you make here.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(For what it's worth, we are going to greatly improve communication with our customers.)
Sincerely,
Oskar Hornell
Founder of PokerRoom.com

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, today i received an email transcript of a webchat i had with a customer service rep on the 24th Dec - this is a lot quicker than usual so kudos for the improvements [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

also, that webchat was in relation to an issue over the recent deposit bonus which was subsequently sorted out and which i actually expected not to be sorted due to a stupid error on my part - genuine kudos on this one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

and since this is turning into a "tell me whats wrong thread", how about having the CS reps respond to emails within a reasonable period of time and not the 7-10 days as it is now. if much bigger sites can respond within 1-2 hours, why can you not do that?

also, a few more regular deposit bonuses would be nice - there are a lot more players left in the world than those in the US. Just because they're gone doesnt mean you should ignore the rest of us. i may be wrong, but there has only been one bonus since you got rid of the US players and to me, this doesnt cut the mustard compared to bonuses issued before then.