Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: NCAAF Rank\' Em (approaching Week 13)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of the 4 common opponents, KU has a margin of victory 33 points greater than OU. KU is 4-0 against these opponents while OU is 3-1. OU's 2 loses don't even come from Mizzou or Texas. Other than when Kansas beats them in two weeks, what is a more fair way of evaluating which team is better other than your opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way that Kansas beats OU is because half the starters are out....and even then I wouldn't bet on it. Keep up the cockiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oklahoma will have its hands full with either Mizzou or Kansas. Oklahoma has not impressed me too much this year (especially after lucking out to beat Texas with Charles's fumble, and Texas is not a good team this year). Good teams put up more than 17 points on Iowa State. I have a feeling that Kansas rolls easily next week against Mizzou. GL to the Sooners though, I need them to win.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see ASU jumping tOSU. The gap between them is pretty big.

[/ QUOTE ]

ASU will likely jump Ohio State with a win Thursday. Just the computer ranking alone will probably get it done, let alone all the extra votes they'll pick up in the human polls.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I didn't really make one...I just said that Kansas wasn't in my top 10, sort of implying that they cracked my top 15.

[/ QUOTE ]\

I need to know which 14 teams should be ranked higher than Kansas.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of the 4 common opponents, KU has a margin of victory 33 points greater than OU. KU is 4-0 against these opponents while OU is 3-1. OU's 2 loses don't even come from Mizzou or Texas. Other than when Kansas beats them in two weeks, what is a more fair way of evaluating which team is better other than your opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way that Kansas beats OU is because half the starters are out....and even then I wouldn't bet on it. Keep up the cockiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oklahoma will have its hands full with either Mizzou or Kansas. Oklahoma has not impressed me too much this year (especially after lucking out to beat Texas with Charles's fumble, and Texas is not a good team this year). Good teams put up more than 17 points on Iowa State. I have a feeling that Kansas rolls easily next week against Mizzou. GL to the Sooners though, I need them to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're going to have their hands full because they've lost so many starters and we don't know whether Bradford or Murray are playing this week or the next (if they make it).
Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 AM

Looking at the at large BCS possibilities;

ACC-No chance. Three teams have two losses and they all play each other. No way a three loss team comes from the ACC.

Big East-Intersting conference here. If UConn can beat WVU, they win the conference and WVU is probably in as an at large. If WVU wins, they are most likely the lone rep from the Big East.

Big 12-A lock to get two teams in from Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma/Texas.

Big 10-No chance.

Pac 10-If Oregon wins out, then the ASU/USC game is basically for a birth in the Fiesta Bowl. If ASU beats USC and Oregon loses, it could be touchy, although a three loss team could make it from the Pac 10. ASU is still very alive in the national championship picture, which would make a Pac 10 team a lock to play in the Rose Bowl as an at large.

SEC-A lock to get two teams, no matter what. LSU is in, and the second spot will go to Georgia or Florida.

Other-This Saturday's game between Boise St and Hawaii is HUGE. The winner has a very good chance to get an at large birth.

Summary;
Locks-SEC, Big 12
Likely-Pac 10, Other
Need UConn win-Big East, ASU
No chance-ACC, Big 10
Old 11-19-2007, 01:22 AM

If WVU beats Uconn and Boise/Hawaii don't make it then a Big Ten or ACC team will almost have to. I've never thought about it but what if no last at large team qualified? Not top 14 or whatever and 2 from all other conferences were taken.

Also ASU is winning the Pac 10 so would not go to the fiesta if they win out.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 AM

Sorry, I meant to have ULM as #1 because

ULM > Alabama > Tennessee > Georgia > Florida > Kentucky > LSU

So, obv, ULM for national title
Old 11-19-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I meant to have ULM as #1 because

ULM > Alabama > Tennessee > Georgia > Florida > Kentucky > LSU

So, obv, ULM for national title

[/ QUOTE ]

ldo
Old 11-19-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're going to have their hands full because they've lost so many starters and we don't know whether Bradford or Murray are playing this week or the next (if they make it).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Oklahoma has beaten Mizzou. Besides that, they fail to impress me, even healthy. Kansas hasn't done anything to truly impress me yet, but they haven't done anything poorly either. Oklahoma had a three week stretch of looking downright mediocre without the injuries. Then they lose to Texas Tech (albeit injured).

Missouri has been consistent all year, as has Kansas. Even a healthy Oklahoma team should be at most a 4 point favorite against either of those teams.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. Oklahoma has beaten Mizzou. Besides that, they fail to impress me, even healthy. Kansas hasn't done anything to truly impress me yet, but they haven't done anything poorly either. Oklahoma had a three week stretch of looking downright mediocre without the injuries. Then they lose to Texas Tech (albeit injured).

Missouri has been consistent all year, as has Kansas. Even a healthy Oklahoma team should be at most a 4 point favorite against either of those teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I've had this helmet as my avatar since our helmets were navy blue, so I've got some heavy bias, but Kansas hasn't done anything to impress you? What does it take?

In 11 games we haven't had one single performance that wasn't what you would expect from a top team. Off the top of my head Missouri is the only other team you can begin to say that about, and their claim isn't nearly as good as ours. I'm sure there are others I'm missing, but not many.