Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Why I can\'t love The Matrix

Grrr

For the last time, humans were making artificle food, so why cant the machines? Hell, they probably invented the stuff and the processes for creating it.

You dont need to grow grass, then have a cow eat the grass, then slaughter the cow, then grind the meat up, then cook it with seasoning and then feed it to the humans.

You need only protein, vitamins, fibre and other such stuff as carbohydrates. All can be created artificually, mixed together and served as a weird beige slop.

Im even pretty sure we could create this foodstuff right now in a lab, there is just no market nor need to do so.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grrr

For the last time, humans were making artificle food, so why cant the machines? Hell, they probably invented the stuff and the processes for creating it.

You dont need to grow grass, then have a cow eat the grass, then slaughter the cow, then grind the meat up, then cook it with seasoning and then feed it to the humans.

You need only protein, vitamins, fibre and other such stuff as carbohydrates. All can be created artificually, mixed together and served as a weird beige slop.

Im even pretty sure we could create this foodstuff right now in a lab, there is just no market nor need to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, i mean, what do people think is in a feeding tube, hint: its not ground up hamburger being dripped into their veins.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:55 AM

This stuff can just be created out of thin air, without the use of organic materials?
Old 04-29-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This stuff can just be created out of thin air, without the use of organic materials?

[/ QUOTE ]

no but, grow houses and such w/ artificial light is what I assume is the sop.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:03 AM

I guess that could happen, but only for a limited amount of time. The sun is responsible nearly all the energy on planet Earth. Even things such as running water, and wind, so there would be no energy to run these growing lights. This brings up another flaw in the writers logic.

Obviously scientists know that the sun is needed to sustain life. If they block out the sun, everybody is going to die soon anyway. So is that really a realistic solution in the first place? I dont think so.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:06 AM

Maybe the planned it as a temporary solution..like block the sun for a week or two. etc...its kinda hard to know exactly their plan cuz they arent [censored] real people and its a friggin movie.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess that could happen, but only for a limited amount of time. The sun is responsible nearly all the energy on planet Earth. Even things such as running water, and wind, so there would be no energy to run these growing lights. This brings up another flaw in the writers logic.

Obviously scientists know that the sun is needed to sustain life. If they block out the sun, everybody is going to die soon anyway. So is that really a realistic solution in the first place? I dont think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

well coulnt the cycle change though?

growlights powered by humans -> powering the lights to grow foodstuff -> power the humans to power the grow lights??
Old 04-29-2007, 05:10 AM

Wow, i didnt even realise you wanted to discuss why the sun was blotted out.

Its not like sunlight is needed at all. Its just without such a large viable powersource the machines couldnt grow and exist in such huge numbers. You have to assume at that point the human race was reduced to a pretty tiny number.

If anything, the idea was to limit the machine advantage and level the playing field.

Also, the sun has nothing to do with wind or running water. One is controlled by changes in temperature and pressure, the other is controlled by gravity.

Also, yeah, the basic componants for all organic substances is carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen and carbon. How the process would work hundreds of years into the future i dont know, but the idea you couldnt be "created out of thin air" as you so cleverly put it is close to being true.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well coulnt the cycle change though?

growlights powered by humans -> powering the lights to grow foodstuff -> power the humans to power the grow lights??

[/ QUOTE ]

this made my head asplode for a moment.

but yeah, i guess that could happen, but it wouldnt make any sense cause the robots wouldnt be using the energy, it would just be going in a stupid pointless circle.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean. Toy Story [censored] sucks. SO FAKE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I so feel like Comic Book Guy right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst. Post. Ever.