Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You won't be so smug in five weeks when you lose to the Dolphins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes we will because that will almost guarantee the #1 pick

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of years ago the Texans called Tannenbaum to ask if the Jets were interested in moving from #4 to #1. Tannenbaum said, "Sure, what will you give us?" Its the same now. We do worse at #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has to do with money and the obvious fact that the texans are negotiating from a position of weakness.

but the jets' secondary will be good, there's two good wideouts on the team, a decent running back, vilma's talented despite his horrible misuse - and surely the jets can pick up some depth for linebacker and d-line.

then put in a superstar talent for a #1-4 overall pick, and it's looking like 8-8 next season.

and i'm not a jets fan (obv) - but i still like their direction regardless of how abysmal this season has been.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm not understanding this right, but wouldn't having the number 1 pick be good for us? It's almost a sure thing that we'll trade down, which will stock us up on some picks to get some depth. That plus the trading of Vilma (which I'm almost certain will happen, especially after today. Harris with 17 tackles is sick) will give us a boatload of picks. Please correct me if I'm not understanding

[/ QUOTE ]

Its never sure you'll be able to trade down. The #1 pick requires such a huge guaranteed salary that it isn't really all that desirable. In cases of unquestioned talent and gaping needs, yes, you might be able to move down. But I think that usu only happens with QBs and given that there are 3 fairly close in talent QBs--and none thought to be Peyton Manning--it isn't likely.

As far as the Jets needs at the top of the first round, its D-lineman and that's really all that makes sense. Glenn Dorsey is a DT, not sure if he can play 3-4 end or the nose. Chris Long is a 3-4 end and thought to be perfect for the Jets. Dorsey is very much a #1 pick. Long isn't.

Vilma is out for the season. The market for hurt LBs isn't good. I don't think his value will be high enough to move.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this has to do with money and the obvious fact that the texans are negotiating from a position of weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

It more about money than anything else. Yes, it was clear Houston wanted to move down. But we had a recently surgeried and 32 year old Curtis Martin and Reggie Bush was in the draft. We were just so thin that it didn't make sense.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:20 AM

wow, [censored] this team, i can't recall the last situation when we put the ball in the endzone
Old 10-29-2007, 11:33 AM

burn that playbook, what the [censored] was with that 3rd and 1 in the 2nd and they split pennington out wide??????
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
burn that playbook, what the [censored] was with that 3rd and 1 in the 2nd and they split pennington out wide??????

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you don't have to draft a better playcaller. At some point Mangini/Schott will wake up.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM

i'm sorry, someone needs to get fired for this playcalling, the jets haven't been near the red zone and then when they get there, that's what they select, unbelievable, i wanted to throw my beer at the screen...

personally, pennington is not the type of QB i would ever split out wide or do a short pass back to from an RB, this is beyond stupid imo, do it with a mobile QB who might not die on contact plz

on a different point, harris is such a beast too and while i missed it the first time, revis with his first int was nice as well

i think vilma's value just took a permanent hit, how do they trade him before the draft now if he has lingering injury concerns...what a waste guys, i thought this guy was going to be sick special, even if he's being misused, it's a shame imo...

finally, the [censored] bills????
Old 10-29-2007, 04:04 PM

Clemons sure looked awesome huh?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:28 PM

sure, bring him in with 4 minutes left when the only option is to pass. the kid is going to be most effective when he starts opening up the running game with his capability to get the ball downfield quickly.

imo curtis martin was one of the main reasons chad was so successful early in his career. thomas jones is no martin, but to his credit chad's arm is really limited these days. let's at least give clemens a shot to keep the defense off the field.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:53 PM

clemens is officially starter for next week, hopefully the team plays bad enough to continue losing, i want that fking #1 pick