Mets in 6 2 12.50%
Mets in 7 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: PLEASE STOP POSTING USELESS CRAP IN THIS THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
CC,

I'm going to scribble that on my hand for our next date. I just hope I don't sweat too much. Thanks for your support.

tu giant effing <font size="75">q</font> (can't get the font size thing to work for me, sob)

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-12-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When does the BluffThis drama start, pagewise? Bear in mind I have my settings for 50 posts per page, so some calculations are required, multiplication for one I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Expertly played. I roll with 50 p/p too, 99 would drive me nuts since it's an uneven number.

It starts right at the end of page nine.

And FU and jman for taunting me with your mad HTML skillz.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:16 PM

Man, I thought I was the only weirdo who uses 50 posts/page. I figured the forum was either n00bs w/ 10/page or everyone else w/ 99/page.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When does the BluffThis drama start, pagewise? Bear in mind I have my settings for 50 posts per page, so some calculations are required, multiplication for one I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Expertly played. I roll with 50 p/p too, 99 would drive me nuts since it's an uneven number.

It starts right at the end of page nine.

<marquee><font size="75">And FU and jman for taunting me with your mad HTML skillz. </font></marquee>

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-12-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I thought I was the only weirdo who uses 50 posts/page. I figured the forum was either n00bs w/ 10/page or everyone else w/ 99/page.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both [censored] and they won't take either of them. And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in setting their posts per page to 50 and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said fifty people a day walking in setting their posts per page to 50 and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Pwning BluffTHIS! Thread

[ QUOTE ]

As for accuracy, you still have not explained the ridiculous logical fallacy that your "empirical evidence" of people not visiting the site as much is drawn from people posting on the site and that NT is hurting 2p2 overall. Or that the very people complaining about NT in this thread are posting quite frequently in the other offtopic forums, which would suggest lateral movement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I could not care less about NT good/bad or OOT or ATF, but I can't resist a chance to be pedantic and annoying in a thread that I didn't really read.

Say you own a business that spans 3 counties. You think a mayor of the big city is driving people out of the area. If it's just a neighboring county, that's fine, but if it's a different state, you lose business.

Logically, you'd expect many people to move to the neighboring towns, but others to move across the state, and some just moving across the country. Well you can't measure the ones who moved far far away, but you could use the ones in the neighboring towns who are complaining as evidence that the mayor is driving people out, if there are enough of them or if there are particulars about their situation that make you think it's a trend.

(Of course that's not enough, you'd have to be able to argue that another mayor would not generate the same rate of complaints.)
Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Logically, you'd expect many people to move to the neighboring towns, but others to move across the state, and some just moving across the country. Well you can't measure the ones who moved far far away, but you could use the ones in the neighboring towns who are complaining as evidence that the mayor is driving people out, if there are enough of them or if there are particulars about their situation that make you think it's a trend.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you can't. You can use those people as proof that some people are moving laterally. That is it.

By your logic ("if there are enough of them"), the more people that move laterally (to neighbouring towns) and are vocal about it, the more likely Bluffthis' hypothesis is true. So the more people that bitch in bbv4l about how much NT sucks, the more likely that people are NOT moving to bbv4l because of NT (moving far far away). That makes no sense.

My point is that people are moving laterally because of NT which I showed by people moving laterally (through Sniper's graphs and the hordes of people from OOT in bbv4l now).

Bluffthis' point is that people are leaving 2p2 because of NT by showing people moving laterally.

Which one makes more sense?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you can't. You can use those people as proof that some people are moving laterally. That is it.

By your logic ("if there are enough of them"), the more people that move laterally (to neighbouring towns) and are vocal about it, the more likely Bluffthis' hypothesis is true. So the more people that bitch in bbv4l about how much NT sucks, the more likely that people are NOT moving to bbv4l because of NT (moving far far away). That makes no sense.

My point is that people are moving laterally because of NT which I showed by people moving laterally (through Sniper's graphs and the hordes of people from OOT in bbv4l now).

Bluffthis' point is that people are leaving 2p2 because of NT by showing people moving laterally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of you can prove a point without making assumptions about the model. Both of you can prove your point with those assumptions. Neither of you can prove your model.

His model assumes that for every 1 that moves to a neighboring forum, X will scatter to somewhere else on the Internet, and X is large. He can't offer proof of this model directly, but he can kind of argue, "this guy is complaining and bbb4l and you can imagine some guy just like him only not an internet addict, or who hasn't been on twoplustwo as long, etc"

Your point about lateral movement is compelling if you have charts and graphs but you can't prove it without knowing what is coming into the system.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your model is easier to imagine than his.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 PM

This statistics stuff is boring. Can we get back to mods allegedly abusing posters and/or BluffTHIS! getting owned please.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Plus it's uber weaksauce that no one has brought out the &lt;blink&gt; tag yet.
Closed Thread