Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Got thru 16 holes before dusk killed us. 46-45-91. 2nd time playing that course and first round I shot 52-49-101, so about the same.

I had two blowup holes on the back that destroyed my card, both long par 4's, both 8's. I hit water twice on one of them, costing me $50 to kyleb and Entity.

I just decided I'm going back tomorrow to shoot better instead of working.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some course in St. Louis. 56-48-104. Better than last round's 122, but much shorter course. Back at it tomorrow, hoping for better things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different, but similar course, also short. Both courses 6,000 yards. Slightly berret front nine. 42-48-90. Obviously pretty happy with that result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal best?

-McGee
Old 09-17-2007, 12:34 PM

BRAG: Shot 71 this weekend at Edgewood (Lake Tahoe) where they play the American Century Celebrity Golf Champ on NBC. Only second time I have broke par this summer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BRAG: Shot 71 this weekend at Edgewood (Lake Tahoe) where they play the American Century Celebrity Golf Champ on NBC. Only second time I have broke par this summer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha that course rules. Played there during a bachelor party a few summers ago. Shot a 33 on the back including an eagle on 18, but to be fair we played one up since the other three weren't very good. Also, shot a 45 on the front so those numbers do not add up to 71. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Love the course. Hopefully you are a pro or something and didn't have to pay $240 or whatever.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha that course rules. Played there during a bachelor party a few summers ago. Shot a 33 on the back including an eagle on 18, but to be fair we played one up since the other three weren't very good. Also, shot a 45 on the front so those numbers do not add up to 71. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Love the course. Hopefully you are a pro or something and didn't have to pay $240 or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 45-33, that is awesome. You prob either started drinking on the back or started to sober up on the back..
I know the pro, no green fees [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. Saw Negreanu and Eric Lindgren playing there the time before
Old 09-17-2007, 02:27 PM

dtf,

I won't bore you with the details other than to say I made a really stupid quad on #2 (pull hooked it over the water into some crap and flailed around) and absolutely killed a drive on #8...only to have it absolutely t-bone the huge tree in the middle of the fairway and kick back like 50 yards. Heh. Then something clicked at the turn and I think I hit every green on the back.

Next time you're out there ask the pro about realigning the 9th hole. We were told they were going to run it alongside the lake. If you look at it from a satellite shot, that makes perfect sense as that's where the parking lot is currently. What a waste of waterfront. Just flip-flop the 9th and the parking lot and you'll have a much better hole. Also, that was the hole I probably liked the least - I seem to remember it being a very sharp dogleg and you need to either play a fade or hit a layup which leaves you a long way in.

EDIT: to add pic so you can see what I'm talking about. Also, you can see the evil tree on 8 in the shot.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM

They have been planning moving #9 to lakeside for years now. The parking lot that is on the lake is probably the biggest waste of real estate in lake tahoe.

The master plan is to rearrange 7, 8, and 9, to get 9 on the water. 7 will be a par 4, 8 a par 3 and 9 a par 4 along the water, moving the parking lot.

But I doubt the Park family (Owners) will ever put up the money for the changes. I bet it only happens if Edgewood gets sold.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have been planning moving #9 to lakeside for years now. The parking lot that is on the lake is probably the biggest waste of real estate in lake tahoe.

The master plan is to rearrange 7, 8, and 9, to get 9 on the water. 7 will be a par 4, 8 a par 3 and 9 a par 4 along the water, moving the parking lot.

But I doubt the Park family (Owners) will ever put up the money for the changes. I bet it only happens if Edgewood gets sold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find this all very interesting. I don't know why they feel the need to redo 7 and 8 though - the seventh is an interesting par 3 and the eighth is an interesting par 4 with the hell tree and the double green (assuming they still use both). The only reason to do this would presumably to put the 9th tee alongside the water, so I'm guessing they would make 7 a dogleg left ending somewhere around the existing 8th green, and then run a par 3 straight at the water. That requires moving a lot of dirt (assuming they even own that land) so I can see why it could be expensive.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Meh, shot a 50-43 today and it was my first rounds since April.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:35 PM

Played same course, par 71, 6247 yds. Which is pretty long for me 'cause I hit irons off the tee atm.

47/49/96. Gonna try to get out again this week same course if kyleb stops being a pussy.