Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

LOL Bobbo.

100,843 and counting
Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 AM

my favorite thing about that finish is that they didn't call a timeout. A methodical Sloan team no less. I've been saying for years teams should just inbound it and go.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my favorite thing about that finish is that they didn't call a timeout. A methodical Sloan team no less. I've been saying for years teams should just inbound it and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hayden and I were having that exact conversation as it happened.

Random observations from tonight:

I <3 ATL. I think they'll go about 32-50 with a 5-25 record in games decided by 5 pts or less. Salim Stoudamire ("the Sniper" as their local tv guys call him) definitely brought something to the table tonight, and if they can somehow find a way to make it work closing games with JJ/Smoove/Chill/Marvin/Horford. Having not had league pass the last two years, I guess I missed out on Josh Smith, but my mancrush is reaching Tuq-Nashian proportions.

Yeah Denver was bad tonight, but the Celts beat each and every team in the league by 20 the way they played tonight - that won't be there every game, but when they have it working like that...

MILLSAP!

What is it about Robert Swift that has people thinking he's going to be good? At least with a guy like Kwame, or B Haywood or Diop, you can sort of almost see it. Not so much here...

Apparently, the Clippers all refer to Al Thornton as "Juice". Because he walks like OJ, or something like that. I [censored] you Not. (<3 Cassell)

Mike Conley is not ready. Neither is Acie Law, though he is much closer (and already light years ahead of Tyron Lue). Charlotte is unspeakably awful, and I fear will be until MJ is no longer prominently involved - they have a bunch of guys who should be productive fringe players, but in trying to satisfy them all, it just ensures they all suck. And why is derek Anderson ever, EVER in the game. Wouldn't you kinda rather find out if Jared Dudley and Wally Herrrrrmannnn have anything?

Finally, everytime Dave Berri writes an article, god kills a kitten. Or maybe it's just that I find myself compelled to strangle one every time I make the mistake of reading him.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
years ahead of Tyron Lue). Charlotte is unspeakably awful, and I fear will be until MJ is no longer prominently involved - they have a bunch of guys who should be productive fringe players, but in trying to satisfy them all, it just ensures they all suck. And why is derek Anderson ever, EVER in the game. Wouldn't you kinda rather find out if Jared Dudley and Wally Herrrrrmannnn have anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
no offense seth, but this thought about the bobcats make me think you saw this game and decided that. not that ive seen a million bobcats games or anything, but this was not the true color of the team; for one, they played real badly, but two, and more importantly, felton was not there. PGs make a huge difference.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:50 AM

Suns are awful in rebounding so far. Before last night they were -10.75 and vs the Hawks they were 40-56 so ouch... Only the Warriors are worse. Not too surprising with their lack of bigs but maybe they will get in shape when Stoudemire is back. I really don't see them do as well as the last few years though, the Suns bench is awful and I am not big on Hill. Than again I was getting down on the Mavs last year after their 0-4 start so ehm... let's give it ~20 games.

I've finally been watching some Rocket games and T-mac has been amaziiiing so far. Yao not so much (in fact I think he's been playing pretty awful).

Gonna try to watch a Knicks game this weekend as I am quite interested in watching their frontcourt in action. Sucks to be an Euro when trying to keep up with the NBA [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I <3 ATL. I think they'll go about 32-50 with a 5-25 record in games decided by 5 pts or less. Salim Stoudamire ("the Sniper" as their local tv guys call him) definitely brought something to the table tonight, and if they can somehow find a way to make it work closing games with JJ/Smoove/Chill/Marvin/Horford. Having not had league pass the last two years, I guess I missed out on Josh Smith, but my mancrush is reaching Tuq-Nashian proportions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh Smith is a better version of Shaun Marion in every aspect of the game except outside shooting, where he is TERRIBLE.

Salim's worth is that he can always come off the bench fresh and ready to shoot. There aren't many guys who are always able to pull. Also, the local TV guys are Atlanta sports slave Bob Rathbun (who will call any Atlanta team, college or pro, at any time) and all-star/gold medal winner Steve Smith.

Best part of the game was 6'4" Mario getting backed down and scored on by 6'8" Grant Hill early in the 2nd half after a switch, and then when they try to run it again him knocking the ball away. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...won't get fooled again.

Seriously though, if team's want to beat the Suns it helps a lot to be able to switch every screen without ever giving up a huge mismatch. The Hawks are one of the lucky teams that has enough size, speed and athleticism to do that. Occasionally you end up with Marion backing down Law, but since the rest of the matchups aren't very important you can double down and then rotate whoever without losing anything.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Players are so afraid of fouling in that situation just having your best ball handler run as fast as he can down the court is often the best play. It looked to me like Ilgauskas actually got out Williams' way at the bucket (though Williams did make one small change of direction at the end, and Z might have just taken a bad angle to cut him off).

-McGee
Old 11-08-2007, 11:46 AM

Blazers finally off the snide. Sonics still searching.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh Smith is a better version of Shaun Marion in every aspect of the game except outside shooting

[/ QUOTE ]
IP ban.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:13 PM

JSIG