Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: THE HOLY SPIRIT COMES FROM
THE HOLY FATHER AND THE HOLY SON 17 48.57%
THE HOLY FATHER 18 51.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Official Barry Bonds Countdown Thread

DrewDevil you've had two days and you still can't wrap your mind around this.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am so sorry I missed this live but [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Youtube.

HE HITS IT HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH!

HITS IT DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

BONDS STANDS ALONE!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Kuiper and Krukow. Kuip did a 10000000x better job calling that HR than that assclown on ESPN did (Gary Thorne I think?).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, Dave O'Brien kid
Old 08-08-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am so sorry I missed this live but [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Youtube.

HE HITS IT HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH!

HITS IT DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

BONDS STANDS ALONE!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Kuiper and Krukow. Kuip did a 10000000x better job calling that HR than that assclown on ESPN did (Gary Thorne I think?).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, Dave O'Brien kid

[/ QUOTE ]

Point still stands. They both suck.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a good friend who played with Barry at ASU, and some other semi-friends that I see on an annual golf trip that played with him too. He was so hated by his teammates that at one point they voted unanimously to kick him off the team but Jim Brock was like "LOL, no". And I seriously doubt jealousy was in play relative to the level of their disdain. He was the best player on the team, he was the son of Bobby Bonds, but he was also a huge dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

So...you know a guy who likes to tell a story about him and his team mates trying to get rid of Barry Bonds? He still tells this story? Pretty brilliant guy if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Conveying a relevant story about a popular topic du jour makes somebody stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was referring to the fact that the guy is bragging about wanting to kick one the best players in the history of baseball off the team.

The goal of a team sport is to win. You probably have a better shot at winning if your best player is on the team.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He likes to tell stories and has a lot of interesting ones to share, both about baseball and his work as a firefighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I think we may have another scandal brewing here.

tup, any chance Bonds started some/all of those fires?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a good friend who played with Barry at ASU, and some other semi-friends that I see on an annual golf trip that played with him too. He was so hated by his teammates that at one point they voted unanimously to kick him off the team but Jim Brock was like "LOL, no". And I seriously doubt jealousy was in play relative to the level of their disdain. He was the best player on the team, he was the son of Bobby Bonds, but he was also a huge dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that story as well - the team voted like 23-2 to have BB suspended from the team - the coach thought it would go in BB favor, but when it didn't he overruled and let Barry stay on the team.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do the idiots who know we hate Bonds for cheating, also think we somehow like Shawn Merriman. Are you that retarded? They are both scumbag cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Sports Illustrated doesn't have such a big problem with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate hearing this. Don't you think Barry is always on the cover of some magazine, or on ESPN due to steroids discussions because HES THE BIGGEST NAME IN SPORT RIGHT NOW?!? It's so naive to think that we should care as much about someone in AA who tests positive vs. Bonds who maybe just maybe took them.

And no,I dont feel the same disdain for some nobody or barely league average player who gets busted for 'roids, because they're not swimming in millions upon millions and breaking records like Bonds. They're trying to stay afloat in the MLB to make a living. Call that morally dishonest or whatever, but im less likely to hate a guy who juiced because it gave him the opportunity to be a major league ballplayer.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:41 PM

My opinions on Barry have totally changed now that I read that 23 teenagers didn't like him 25 years ago. Thx internets.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Conveying a relevant story about a popular topic du jour makes somebody stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was referring to the fact that the guy is bragging about wanting to kick one the best players in the history of baseball off the team.

The goal of a team sport is to win. You probably have a better shot at winning if your best player is on the team.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well what-fkng-ever. At the time he was a college standout, not one the best players of all time, and the larger point is he was such a goddamned cancer that everyone on the team hated him to the point that having him off the team was a greater desire than winning. To a man. I don't see what's hard to grasp about this story.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And no,I dont feel the same disdain for some nobody or barely league average player who gets busted for 'roids, because they're not swimming in millions upon millions and breaking records like Bonds. They're trying to stay afloat in the MLB to make a living. Call that morally dishonest or whatever, but im less likely to hate a guy who juiced because it gave him the opportunity to be a major league ballplayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't pick and choose when to apply morality, dude. That's like saying it's less wrong for a homeless man to rob a bank because he's broke than it is for a rich man.