Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

I have played 15/30nl and 200/400 limit with both Doubledrag and Steamroller I was amazed and confused how both players and their manic play was consistently beating me, but also the top limit players and nl players on AP. I called Uneducated from AP to ask him if he felt any suspicion on these players ability to play so bad and win every session. He also had the same suspicion and was actaully considering writing a post on how they could be consistently winning with how horrid and wreckless their play was.
I am stuck 23k to Doubledrag, 11k to Steamroller.

I will post a few hands that really justify some of the betting and calling patterns Doubledrag made in the games i've played with him but also the games i've watched him play in. Playing online poker for 4 years now i've seen so many hands at all levels and haven't seen such perfection of calling sick hands, overbetting weak hands, and value betting hands that make you really wonder.

STAGE #753375692: HOLDEM NO LIMIT $30 - 2007-09-04 17:44:57 (ET)
Table: ALHAMBRA (Real Money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 5 - DOUBLEDRAG ($22373 in chips)
Seat 6 - THE GRINDER ($11554 in chips)
Seat 2 - DTON21 ($1760 in chips)
Seat 3 - PTOWNER ($3055 in chips)
THE GRINDER - Posts small blind $15
DTON21 - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to PTOWNER [5d 10d]
PTOWNER - Raises $90 to $90
DOUBLEDRAG - Raises $240 to $240
THE GRINDER - Folds
DTON21 - Folds
PTOWNER - Calls $150
*** FLOP *** [6d Qc 8d]
PTOWNER - Checks
DOUBLEDRAG - Bets $150
PTOWNER - All-In(Raise) $2815 to $2815
DOUBLEDRAG - Calls $2665
*** TURN *** [6d Qc 8d] [2s]
*** RIVER *** [6d Qc 8d 2s] [5c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PTOWNER - Shows [5d 10d] (One pair, fives)
DOUBLEDRAG - Shows [Kd 3c] (king high)
PTOWNER Collects $6153 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($6155) | Rake ($2)
Board [6d Qc 8d 2s 5c]
Seat 2: DTON21 (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: PTOWNER won Total ($6153) All-In HI$6153) with One pair, fives [5d 10d - P:5d,B:5c,B:Qc,P:10d,B:8d]
Seat 5: DOUBLEDRAG (dealer) HI:lost with king high [Kd 3c - P:Kd,B:Qc,B:8d,B:6d,B:5c]
Seat 6: THE GRINDER (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS

This hand is just sick...Doubledrag supposedly made around 300k in the week or so he was playing on ap during his run and I find it mind boggling anyone can make this call. I saw him make this call 3 times. All three times his opponent was either on a flush draw or bluff and he called with ace high or king high as in the hand. What really gets me is on all 3 hands he was ahead making the call disgusting in the sense that he can only have the ability to be able to see his opponents hand.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Just wondering, does anyone have an estimate of how much money is actually involved here, as far as winnings of the alleged scammers?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Time for an IP trace.

Is the template for a new cliffsnotes agreed to be

Part 1- the explanation of what transpired only without an indepth analysis- ala pineapples/josems types of informational narratives recently. Also a narrative of how the thread itself has progressed- including the parts about the dumping sessions, various replies or non replies by Absolute, and other forums in which discussion has happened.

Part 2- the data for poker players/ math people/ those who have a clue to take a look at to get a more full picture. Hand histories, pokertracker shots, etc go here. Also the mtt dbs for varying players.

Part 3- the anecdotal stuff that is interesting but not relevant to the strict analysis. The benefit of sticking it farther down is to minimize the impact when viewing the background information and data, and to also let people decide for themselves how much weight to give or not give these bits.

part 4- mspaints, the good gimmicks, lolrazz, etc.

??

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me. But if you use my write-up please say something like "For discussion purposes only, does not necessarily reflect the views of the author" cause I don't want to be dragged into discussions/court [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pineapple- I would contact anyone whose narratives I was using/quoting asking them if they were comfortable with part/all of it being among the first things read in a new thread. I'm not going to put things out there prominently if people don't want it.
The best way may be for it to become a complete group effort- with rewrites and edits by many people so no one person feels it's "their view" being put on display.

-apefish
Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 AM

4 Million Plus
Old 09-20-2007, 01:35 AM

Jeremiah, plz DIAGF you stupid downie.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From Parttimepoker's coverage:

http://news.parttimepoker.com/2007/09/16...absolute-poker/

[ QUOTE ]
At present there’s really nothing more than the suspicions of some well-respected players, backed up by fairly thin statistical evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy at PAW has an even more biased and repulsive rundown of the events.

I thought most affiliates had learned in this day and age that being honest to players paid off way more then trying to protect the rooms you promote. I'm sure or at least hope most affiliates will not make the same mistake.

I'm not saying affiliates should stop promoting them, at least not yet. By calling the overwhelming evidence "fairly thin statistical evidence" is at the very least ignorant and IMO borders on blatant dishonesty. Lying to your players will only make them look somewhere else next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's time everyone takes action.

I have withdrawn all of my funds.

I will no longer be promoting AP.

I will no longer be offering rakeback for AP.

I encourage everyone else to do the same.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 AM

Doubledrag reraised ALOT, seemed about 80% of the time it seems his opponent was folding. In this situation, with him raising or calling almost every single hand and betting flop,turn,river almost every time with any hand I decided to make a move in this hand. Suprisingly when he 3 bets me on the turn in this hand i'm making a move fishing with overs and a gutshot. He reraised me 4 times in my nl play with him and all of his reraises where on flop when i bet and missed flop.

STAGE #753352517: HOLDEM NO LIMIT $30 - 2007-09-04 17:16:15 (ET)
Table: ALHAMBRA (Real Money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 5 - DOUBLEDRAG ($21909 in chips)
Seat 6 - PRIMOGENITOX ($3291 in chips)
Seat 3 - PTOWNER ($5365 in chips)
Seat 4 - THE GRINDER ($7513 in chips)
PRIMOGENITOX - Posts small blind $15
PTOWNER - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to PTOWNER [Jh Kh]
THE GRINDER - Raises $120 to $120
DOUBLEDRAG - Raises $270 to $270
PRIMOGENITOX - Folds
PTOWNER - Calls $240
THE GRINDER - Calls $150
*** FLOP *** [9d 5h 10s]
PTOWNER - Checks
THE GRINDER - Checks
DOUBLEDRAG - Bets $120
PTOWNER - Calls $120
THE GRINDER - Folds
*** TURN *** [9d 5h 10s] [10d]
PTOWNER - Checks
DOUBLEDRAG - Bets $480
PTOWNER - Raises $1200 to $1200
DOUBLEDRAG - Raises $1920 to $2400
PTOWNER - Calls $1200
*** RIVER *** [9d 5h 10s 10d] [Kc]
PTOWNER - All-In $2575
DOUBLEDRAG - Folds
PTOWNER - returned ($2575) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PTOWNER - Does not show
PTOWNER Collects $5863 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($5865) | Rake ($2)
Board [9d 5h 10s 10d Kc]
Seat 3: PTOWNER (big blind) collected Total ($5863) All-In HI$5863) [Does not show]
Seat 4: THE GRINDER Folded on the FLOP
Seat 5: DOUBLEDRAG (dealer) Folded on the RIVER
Seat 6: PRIMOGENITOX (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Old 09-20-2007, 01:37 AM

Do we have any instances of any of the suspected accounts making a "mistake" on the river at all in the sessions of the suspected cheating?
The infinite/super retardedly high river aggression factors are one thing (like swongs) but do we have a single example where the suspected cheater is ever wrong prior to the dumping sessions?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pineapple- I would contact anyone whose narratives I was using/quoting asking them if they were comfortable with part/all of it being among the first things read in a new thread. I'm not going to put things out there prominently if people don't want it.
The best way may be for it to become a complete group effort- with rewrites and edits by many people so no one person feels it's "their view" being put on display.

-apefish

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, in that case don't even put my name on it because there is already other people's language in there, after they suggested edits.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:41 AM

Absolutely.

bwahaha I knew I would get to use that. I think the narratives obviously should be nameless.
Closed Thread