Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does AP have any incentive to admit this happened even if they were 100% sure of an account compromise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not enough incentive, but Ikestoys and I, and probably several other mid and high stakes NL regulars will be leaving if they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? How could anyone intelligent enough to play high stakes cash games possibly still be willing to play at Absolute Poker under any circumstances in the future?

Reading through here, it's my understanding that y'all have had several hundreds of thousands of dollars stolen from you. The chance of a repeat effort - and one that is more likely to be undetectable - is surely enough to deter you from playing there again.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the amount of the river bet by doubledrag he bet 5500 into a 700 pot...obvious chip dumping

[/ QUOTE ]

doubledrag did this a lot in other hands though and was probably mostly bluffing vs hands he thought couldnt call

apparently grinder proved him wrong
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 PM

You don't think grinder was part of the dumping phase?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 PM

No grinder has been a reg for awhile, if he was part of it then this shiz has been going on for years.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dragon,

This guy was playing vs some of the best NL players on the net. It is not as easy as your so called "pwnage" at 10cent NL. \

Do you have any stats from your crazy sessions where you "pwned them for 200bb's/100 over 100's of hands"? We will be looking forward to your screenshots of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno how to put the pic in here correctly, but here is a link

PT 200bb/100

im not saying this proves anything, but there were some weird hands in there that i bet people thought were signs that i knew what the community cards would be or some other bs.

why is everyone on here so mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm grunching.

[ QUOTE ]
why is everyone on here so mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you're a [censored] idiot.

You either can't understand what's being said in the two threads or you haven't yet read the two threads.

You clearly do not understand the significance of the infinite (or ludicrously high) river aggression factor, which is the main thing that makes your graphs and the AP graphs wildly different even thought the VPIP and PFR might be similar.

If you're too dumb too understand or don't have the desire to understand please just shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw, there is a reason I responded so harshly to this poster. Earlier he tried to stir things up with hypotheses that were already addressed in both of the threads. I chided him rather gently, and then he had a PM exchange where I assumed things were hashed out. Then I wake up today and he's at it again.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think grinder was part of the dumping phase?

[/ QUOTE ]

he might have been, but that's only one hand, and it fits in as an entirely separate part of the "soul seeing retard playing poker" situation. certainly, if there are 1-2 more of those hands around, we can lump grinder in the suspect pile, but I think grinder actually outplayed someone who could see his cards, lol.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look at the amount of the river bet by doubledrag he bet 5500 into a 700 pot...obvious chip dumping

[/ QUOTE ]

doubledrag did this a lot in other hands though and was probably mostly bluffing vs hands he thought couldnt call

apparently grinder proved him wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

And, as has been repeatedly stated, DD is not so poker-savvy and doesn't realize you're supposed to call the extra 90 into a 12000 pot in this situation, for a number of reasons, even though you've been looked up while holding complete air.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"If you start talking poker at dinner I am taking the car and your new friends can give you a ride home."

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never talk with you, Sir. Please convey my greetings to your wife. .... from Düsseldorf, Germany.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:46 PM

Omfg.
I spent like 30-40 minutes on putting together the info. Went to post and one of the fields wasnt filled in. Maybe I left the title off... so I hit back to refill it in and everything is gone. WTF. GOTDAMNSONUVAELECTIRCFCUKINGRAPTORCHRIST.

I hadn't saved since very early in it so any attempt now would be to rewrite nearly everything I just wrote. dammit.

seriously wtf- it just wasn't there when I went back to fill in the field. aefjhfdasjlk;ahwrefq9834whfqwevkjlbsdanasd,bza,mnh bkjsadhgjaksdlhdgjkasdhgasvd

I need food. Maybe I'll give it another go after I'm done eating but i havent been this steamed since losing 6 consec buyins as a 2-1 PLO fave. (In other words nearly a daily happening but STILL PISSED)

Edit: if it isn't apparent- I'm Absolutely pissed.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 PM

I am close to positive thegrinder is not involved. I am speaking to him now at a ring table. He said he knew something was going on as well when he was playing this guy before any of this was brought to light.
Closed Thread