raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They would if a friend was being slandered all over the internet, and wasn't a previous 2+2 forum member. Like I said, I don't waste my life in chat rooms..

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, you're a tool and doing more harm than good to your friend.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Bashing chat room goers in a chat room probably isn't the best idea. I guess you hsve to be a MODERATOR with lots of clout to defend a friend. I'm only alluding to this "wasting of lives" because my chat room experiance is limited to smack-talking kids at Yahoo chess and witch hunts here..
Old 05-09-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chuck, i want to know why none of you guys try to improve your game. ie. why do you all play the same style, you're playing break even, if you're all sitting together playing shouldn't there be some serious discussion on how to play hands better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he's just paying people to click buttons according to a script, which is the same thing as using a bot.

The excuse that everyone comes to his house to play EVERY TIME just makes zero sense unless there's something fishy going on.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I grew up in Ebensburg and it's only a 20 minute drive to J'town. My best friend is one of the chiefs of police for the suburbs/outskirts of J'town. Do you want this guy dead or mostly dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you're a douche.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I grew up in Ebensburg and it's only a 20 minute drive to J'town. My best friend is one of the chiefs of police for the suburbs/outskirts of J'town. Do you want this guy dead or mostly dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't use grease, or fires.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, I know I'm a low-post person (so, according to a poster early on in this thread, I have no validity) but there also seems to be evidence that the bot owner created a new account on 2p2 to try to divert attention away from himself. Why would an innocent person do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a friend who plays with me. He created the account once I told him of the thread. I decided not too post until I talked to nation who advised me too come in here and defend myself.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
chuck, i want to know why none of you guys try to improve your game. ie. why do you all play the same style, you're playing break even, if you're all sitting together playing shouldn't there be some serious discussion on how to play hands better?

[/ QUOTE ]

We play for rakeback and low variance. The system we use provides both of these. it is a low winrate, but it's enough for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you guys play so many hands. you should be improving if you play that many hands. only a robot or completely unmotivated person plays the exact same break even system without making their game better than/different than the person sitting next to them. do you guys not have brains? are you only capable of playing a set system of hands a set way?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Many of you guys are using specific instances as evidence as to them using bots, and that's counterintuitive. I guarantee the folding to min bets or minraises happens sporadically or rarely, and that in itself is proof that it's not a bot playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I know I'm a low-post person (so, according to a poster early on in this thread, I have no validity) but there also seems to be evidence that the bot owner created a new account on 2p2 to try to divert attention away from himself. Why would an innocent person do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have no dog in this fight, I will just say that this word doesn't really mean what you think it means. At best, there is highly equivocal, circumstantial evidence. There is similar evidence that BJ is in fact a friend of Chuck's.

As I said earlier, I think people are extrapolating the certainty drawn from OP's stats onto his/others' interpretation of other, more disputable facts.

Given that FTP closed accounts for a month and then re-opened them, I'm prepared to give a certain degree of benefit of the doubt.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck, what did you do to prove to Full Tilt that you were not using a bot? Or did you let them run their own investigation?

I would like to have the FTP rep on here to answer questions. Identical/near identical PT stats over 100k hands for multiple players has to be the biggest indicator for bot play, so I wonder what other factors they take into consideration? Do they even look into PT Stats? And if they do, how strong does evidence to the contrary have to be to exonerate suspected bots?

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP shared no details with me during the 1 month investigation. I asked them too contact me if they needed any details to help expedite the investigation. They never asked for any details.

[/ QUOTE ]

They never asked for any details? This is scarier then any of these bot accusations IMO. I always suspected bots in SSNL however I expected (perhaps unrealistically) FTP and other sites would put 100% into detecting and banning them.

Money talks
Old 05-09-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WTF, I'm rusty on my statistics, but are you going to tell me that a .5% difference in VPIP over 100,000 hands is 3 SD's? [censored], post your math.

[/ QUOTE ]

(14%)*(1-14%)/sqrt(100000) = .038% = 1SD

Of course it's higher than that because all 100,000 decisions are not independent identically distributed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the test statistic formula is .005/sqrt(.14*.86/100000) = 4.6

Assuming independence, and I'm just using a textbook formula for population proportions.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nlnut -

Could you post a picture of your setup like someone suggested...

Blur faces....etc....

Fwiw, I don't play at FTP, but this whole play as a team etc really doesn't sit right with me...

Vava

[/ QUOTE ] Are you serious...what will that accomplish? FTP concluded the investigation. Not necessary.