Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Any value in this river bet?

[ QUOTE ]
i have a couple decisions need to be made...and something about me is that i cant make a decision without someone else confirming it for me. i completely fail with decision making, so help?

this ones more important...my subscription to PXF runs out in 3 days. i dont reallyt use it anymore since my switch to cash, so should i just let it expire and switch to cardrunners at a later time? even though i hear that its not very useful until SSNL...

also, im going to start watching videos from here:

http://www.roulettenburg.com/poker/videos.html

i think its in sticky...anyway, which ones are recommended? thinking about starting with 25NL videos from ppl with higher stakes vids like iStrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of good ones, but I definitely recommend Gelford's and IStrong's.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] Cubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke man...I was just looking up the score and I was like...wtf, they're getting their asses handed to them. =/
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a couple decisions need to be made...and something about me is that i cant make a decision without someone else confirming it for me. i completely fail with decision making, so help?

this ones more important...my subscription to PXF runs out in 3 days. i dont reallyt use it anymore since my switch to cash, so should i just let it expire and switch to cardrunners at a later time? even though i hear that its not very useful until SSNL...

i think its in sticky...anyway, which ones are recommended? thinking about starting with 25NL videos from ppl with higher stakes vids like iStrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think cardrunners is worth it. I think one of the reasons people say its better for ssnl is because of the price. I bought 6 months up front and it was $250.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 AM

Does anyone recommend any specific CR video? I'd like to buy 1 or 2 before deciding to subscribe. Not sure which...
Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of good ones, but I definitely recommend Gelford's and IStrong's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isura, Dan Bitel, tufat, Sirasoni, traz, well pretty much all SSNL'ers are worth watching.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 AM

I havn't really watched enough, the people can be pretty brutal in the comments so they are a good way of telling what the video was like.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:08 AM

Sometimes the 20/15/2 regs do the strangest things...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($69.40)
Button ($49.45)
SB ($49.25)
Hero ($75.70)
UTG ($54.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP calls $4.

Turn: ($13.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $8.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $27.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $71.65 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $35.65.

River: ($140.05) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $140.05

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qc Qs (full house, queens full of nines).
MP has 8d Ad (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $148.55. </font>
Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 AM

The Rockies are still bitches regardless!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:27 AM

If the Cubs get knocked out, I'm rooting for the Rockies all the way. They've been playing great baseball and deserve to get far (unless facing the Cubs).
Old 10-05-2007, 12:37 AM

watchin his 25NL vid (istrongs)...felt like he was playing the guy to his left very badly (3/4th thru)...hes trying to fancy play him when hes literaly check/calling any bet with any piece of the board...checked twice on the turn with trips, trying to get a check raise when hes only betting the min when he does rarely bet...then right after stresses the importance of never slowplaying and getting maximum value...
Closed Thread