Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty obvious clear you're not clear on what PUA is and you're coming in with a pessimistic attitude, so please to be opening up your mind

[/ QUOTE ]

It ain't my fault the main PUA advocates here came off as a bunch of skeevy jive ass mother [censored] well before I ever heard of the concept. I don't know if that's a coincidence or what, but it tends to screw with your perceptions.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bk, you're going to have to explain to me how learning how to carry yourself out of a damn book makes you anything but another follower.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning to change in ways you want, and that you consider to be a personal improvement, in order to get more satisfaction out of life is not being a sheep.

Being a sheep is following 'the croud'. The croud asks to be set up by friends, gets drunk to have sex, finds drunk chicks to have sex, offers chicks drinks and dinners in the hopes she will open her legs for him while telling himself he is a 'nice guy'. Sheep do what everyone else does.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are/were just following a different crowd/croud and doing what they told you. Acting as if PUA makes you all unique and as a result superior is a bit absurd regardless of it's merits.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole theory behind PUA is that you be yourself and do whatever YOU want to do. If you can't understand how this isn't following the crowd, then there's no point in discussing it with you. Learning how to be yourself from a book isn't following the crowd.

It's pretty clear you're not clear on what PUA is, so please to be opening up your mind

[/ QUOTE ]

Traz,

we are ingrained from a very early age by the media, our teachers, our parents to be an indiviual. just like everyone else.

this is kind of unfair cicular logic though.

you cant deny though, that if a mass of guys, pretty much all w/ the same goal, reads the same books, and talk to teh same people on an online forum, and are taught to interact w/ girls in the same way, even if only at the beginning, that there will be a lot fo homogeneity among them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I replied before you edited, so I'll just reply to the last part with this quote that I said above.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say level 1 PUA's are sheep, but anything above is 100% about being your own man

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-11-2007, 06:03 PM

"That's another thing, when they ask what your drinking the confident reply is "Cranberry juice" or something non alcoholic and they realize this confident guy who is going around and approaching strangers and making converstation with them and looking to meet interesting and fun people is not even drinking alcohol."

Do other people agree with this. Id pretty much assume that this guy was a serial killer looking for his next victim.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bk, you're going to have to explain to me how learning how to carry yourself out of a damn book makes you anything but another follower.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning to change in ways you want, and that you consider to be a personal improvement, in order to get more satisfaction out of life is not being a sheep.

Being a sheep is following 'the croud'. The croud asks to be set up by friends, gets drunk to have sex, finds drunk chicks to have sex, offers chicks drinks and dinners in the hopes she will open her legs for him while telling himself he is a 'nice guy'. Sheep do what everyone else does.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are/were just following a different crowd/croud and doing what they told you. Acting as if PUA makes you all unique and as a result superior is a bit absurd regardless of it's merits.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a strong interest in somethhing and seek out others who have an interst in that thing who want to improve their skills and you engage in a process where you are improving your skills and you assist each other in improving so that you are much better than the population at large at that thing, are you a sheep?

Is every person that learns a skill from another person, or from a source from outside themselves sheep?

If I like running and run a lot and go find a group of people who love running and want to get beter at it, if I happen to collaborate with them to improvfe as a runner, am I a sheep?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole theory behind PUA is that you be yourself and do whatever YOU want to do. If you can't understand how this isn't following the crowd, then there's no point in discussing it with you. Learning how to be yourself from a book isn't following the crowd.

It's pretty clear you're not clear on what PUA is, so please to be opening up your mind

[/ QUOTE ]

Traz,

we are ingrained from a very early age by the media, our teachers, our parents to be an indiviual. just like everyone else.

this is kind of unfair cicular logic though.

you cant deny though, that if a mass of guys, pretty much all w/ the same goal, reads the same books, and talk to teh same people on an online forum, and are taught to interact w/ girls in the same way, even if only at the beginning, that there will be a lot fo homogeneity among them.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the idea is to get with the group whose homogeneity is well above par, same reason ppl come to 2p2.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:13 PM

if you're just doing what everyone else in your group is doing you are a follower. there is not necessarily any shame in this, you are the one giving it an inferior connotation.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"That's another thing, when they ask what your drinking the confident reply is "Cranberry juice" or something non alcoholic and they realize this confident guy who is going around and approaching strangers and making converstation with them and looking to meet interesting and fun people is not even drinking alcohol."

Do other people agree with this. Id pretty much assume that this guy was a serial killer looking for his next victim.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I think this falls under "what works for you" if it's who you really are, and you come off smooth/confident doing it.

I'm not drinking cranberry juice at the bar, just cuz I'd rather be drinking a beer or something.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're just doing what everyone else in your group is doing you are a follower. there is not necessarily any shame in this, you are the one giving it an inferior connotation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define 'doing what everyone else is doing'?

Do you mean like the whole race of humans, looking for mates and pleasing experiences with the opposite sex?

Your the one making the assumptions.

So if your in the group of humans who is (or has) sought out interesting and satisfying relations with members of the opposite sex are we all followers? How do we tell who a leader is? Is it possible to switch between the two roles?

I don't think it's bad at all in learning skills to improve oneself, that has been my postion from the start. Where is my shame?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is my shame?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damned if I know.

as for he rest of your questions, LOL. why don't you see if can take some more of my statements to absurd illogical extremes or just make a few more up and attribute them to me. if you do it well maybe i'll buy you a drink or something.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alamo,

At what point in your initial conversation(s) do you say "Just so you know, I'm not looking for anything other than sex from you"?

[/ QUOTE ]

after your done with teh sex.

rim shot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. To answer the question, it depends.

It depends on the unique situations that arise in any encounter. If you make it clear by your behaviour and the stories you tell you are not easy to corner, not clingy and so on, a lot of girls already more or less expect it from you.

Of course this puts off some women, some women are neutral towards it, and some women get excited by the challenge.

Having said that, I can recall a few times that I just blurted it out, but I did that cos I felt I could at that point in time. It's funny, if your timing is off it is game over right away, but if the timing is right, man, you can get away with saying stuff that would normally have you on the receiving end of some full glasses of random drinks poured over your head.

Actually, I would say that one of the most valuable skills I have learned is the whole part of calibrating, body language and group dynamics/psychology.

Also comes handy in my line of work, being in sales.

See, it is my conviction that a big big part of the whole pua stuff is actually not so much about being able how to pick up girls, but how to be more conscient of the things that happen around you, and just basic human psychology.

One parallel (sp) being the whole acting aloof thing (towards girls) and the "I have a great deal for you, but I will offer it once and after that leave you to chew on the offer I made you" thing in my job. I landed my biggest orders that way.