Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Celtics

We signed Eddie House and Jackie Manuel. I love the House signing, he isn't a traditional PG but he is a deadly shooter and that's what we need.

Why would I want the ball to be in the pg's hands instead of Pierce/Allen/KG's?

I don't know much about Manuel but we are also rumored to be going hard after Mutombo which would be amazing.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:49 AM

Manuel is apparently a lockdown defender at the 2/3 spots, along with being a good athlete. He is probably just insurance until Tony Allen comes back.

I like the House signing. Beyond that, House is a ridiculous personality, and will replace Delonte West in the "awesome interview" category.

Deke would be a very nice player to fill out the nine man rotation.

This team is at worst at the Detroit/Utah level of last year, maxing out at just worse than San Antonio IMO.

Rondo 33/ House 15
R. Allen 35/ T. Allen 13
Pierce 38/ T. Allen 10
Garnett 38/ Powe 10
Perkins 30/ Mutumbo 18
Old 08-02-2007, 11:51 AM

reports are we are also probably signing KG's good friend Troy Hudson who is a pretty good spot up shooter and can play the PG as well. He just got bought out by Minny, so House will prob be playing backup SG.

Now all we need is the house of Mutombooooooo
Old 08-02-2007, 12:55 PM

GKA,

In terms of personnel, I sort of agree. In a 7 game series, right now I don't favor us over DET or UTAH, though DET would be close. We're talking about Doc here.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reports are we are also probably signing KG's good friend Troy Hudson who is a pretty good spot up shooter and can play the PG as well. He just got bought out by Minny, so House will prob be playing backup SG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Conspiracy theorists are saying Hudson was part of the deal but couldn't be officially part of it because the numbers didn't work for the cap.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:15 PM

it's not much of a conspiracy. He's awful.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm thinking of getting these shoes.

Hot or Not?

Old 08-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Noah... I'm not seeing anything. Is it just me?

And seriously, for the KG jersy, normal away jersey, alternate away jersey with black (originally I was not a fan of these, but I think they're pretty sharp now), or wait for St. Patty's and hope they run another edition of the best uniforms in sports?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Conspiracy theorists are saying Hudson was part of the deal but couldn't be officially part of it because the numbers didn't work for the cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Minnesota resident and Wolves fan*

You can have T-Hud for a warm bucket of piss. He's sucked for several years, even when he got PT. His shot selection is terrible. Be ready to watch him ignore everyone else on the floor and pull up from 25 feet less than 10 seconds into the shot clock or look to shuck and jive trying to break a guy down off the dribble (note- it won't work).

Hudson had one good run during the playoffs a few years back but now injuries and his overall selfishness with the basketball have made him a guy I couldn't wait to get off the Wolves.

I was rejoycing when I heard MN bought out his contract. I wouldn't be so joyous if Boston signs him Celts fans. Be happy with KG. Remember, Hudson lost playing time at the point to Randy Foye, Mike James and Marko Jaric. Foye was expected because he's our PG of the future but even when James sucked last year for us and Jaric was his usual slug self, Hudson still couldn't get minutes.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noah... I'm not seeing anything. Is it just me?

And seriously, for the KG jersy, normal away jersey, alternate away jersey with black (originally I was not a fan of these, but I think they're pretty sharp now), or wait for St. Patty's and hope they run another edition of the best uniforms in sports?

[/ QUOTE ]

think its just you.

http://celticsstore.seenon.com/img/p...966-227628.jpg

i'd just get the garnett away alternate jersey if you want one. they definitely look the best.

The St. Patty's ones are sweet, but you don't want to have to wait, you want to be rocking it right away.