Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 10:31 AM

Default Re: How many 5 year-olds.....

[ QUOTE ]
I actually have some real experience with this. With a scouting group, i handled about 30 of these once.

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:31 AM

funny to see this thread rise back up to the front again
Old 05-03-2006, 10:35 AM

Since this got bumped back up anyways- I'll risk what might be a re-post
A Realistic Assesment of How Many 12 Year Olds I Could Beat Up Before They Overtook Me.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:49 AM

I think exposing myself might freak some of them out.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you allowed to use one the kids to wield at other kids ala a sword?

It is not hard at all to swing them around and if so then i have a feeling you could just swing around in a little circle and knock them all out as they get close to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You stole this from the Matrix.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the kids get a little training, there's no way you can take on 30. One of them is going to get in a good shot below the belt. Then another will. Then another. You'll go down soon enough. Soon, you'll be getting kicked in the head and then it's lights-out.

You'd be lucky to handle 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be the weakest grown person in the world or 10 years old. A five year old runs slower than a typical adult's brisk walk. A five year old can barely open a typical gas station door. A five year old can be put out of commission (to a crying fit) for at least ten minutes by shove of similar strength required to open a typical gas station door. The number for a typical male adult is much bigger than ten and probably a good deal bigger than 30.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:34 AM

i think everyone is overestimating how big a five year old is. you could knock out a couple with every kick you throw.

i'd say i could take 50 easy. are they allowed to reach into my cup? that's the only way they do any damage at all. and whenever they grab you, you just punch them in top of the head and that kid is out.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:40 AM

Ong-Bak versus 5-year olds would be one of the coolest things ever.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the kids get a little training, there's no way you can take on 30. One of them is going to get in a good shot below the belt. Then another will. Then another. You'll go down soon enough. Soon, you'll be getting kicked in the head and then it's lights-out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be the weakest grown person in the world or 10 years old. A five year old runs slower than a typical adult's brisk walk. A five year old can barely open a typical gas station door. A five year old can be put out of commission (to a crying fit) for at least ten minutes by shove of similar strength required to open a typical gas station door. The number for a typical male adult is much bigger than ten and probably a good deal bigger than 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one somewhat amused by this guy's frepeated use of the "pushing open a gas door" metric of strength? Do you work at a sunoco or something?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one somewhat amused by this guy's frepeated use of the "pushing open a gas door" metric of strength? Do you work at a sunoco or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am getting at a specific type of door and gas station is the only place that I can think of that still almost universally uses said door. The type is the self closing door with the mechanism at the top that applies minor pressure in order to close the door after someone passes through it. Similar to a screen door, but usually the ones in public places require somewhat more pressure to open. Obviously, a five year old could open a regular door, and many places like supermarkets have eliminated this type of door in favor of the fully automatic kind which a five year old can also obviously open. I was trying to call up the correct mental image with as few words as possible. I guess you could read McDonalds or Olive Garden instead of gas station if you like, but I happened to see a 5 year old struggle with a gas station door this morning which is why it came to mind.