Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

One other thing I just thought of. I'm playing courses with fast greens and I have trouble stopping the ball. I've been playing any shot longer than 130 yards to the frontish part of the green as opposed to the pin. This allows the balls to run to the pin, and I also end up clubbing down by one or even two clubs, which helps increase my accuracy and consistency, and also takes trouble out of play sometimes.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:53 AM

Brag 1: Played here on Sunday, for free (dad works there)

Brag 2: Shot -1 on back nine, nine-hole record for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just bought a taylormade golf glove today for my left hand...we'll try it out this weekend [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

had a great outing at the range today...only hit about 50 balls or so. I did that drill someone was talking about, hitting 3-wood (I don't use a driver) off tee, then 6 iron, pw, etc...so it simulates an actual hole progression. also invested in an expensive new odyssey mallet putter but back to hitting, the glove actually did improve my grip a lot

some chipping practice friday and I should be good to go for this sat's round

oh yea, the range was allowing grass hits today while they sandblasted the concrete...so had some real iron practice and took some nice divots.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 AM

Shot 77 at Soule Park in Ojai, CA.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:38 AM

I shot a 42 last night, which is my best 9 ever - and I tied my brother for the first time. I parred the last hole, he bogeyed it. Not a win yet, but getting there. The pro was great, he knows I've been trying to beat him all year, so he bought me a Coke.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:18 PM

So, my last 3 rounds were my 3 best of the year, 105-100-100. Got a new driver and 3w (I hit irons off the tee) and practiced with them. 3w ok, driver no good yet, but that's ok. 1hr on the practice tee before todays round, almost no bad shots. Good first shot off the tee.

and that was it.

61-61-122 disaster.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1hr on the practice tee before todays round, almost no bad shots. Good first shot off the tee.

and that was it.

61-61-122 disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a pretty firm believer in the "good warmup session = crappy round" theory. Not that I talk myself into that, it just seems to happen. Plus most of my best rounds have been after little, no, or bad warmup for some reason. I am a headcase on the course but not in this instance.

Another terrible goddamned round today, 84 at Whirlwind Devil's Claw, following an 81 there last week. Almost no wind, I started off +5 after three, which is just atrocious for a <2 handicap, and just flailed at the ball the rest of the day. Luckily, only lost $30 and a guy bought me a couple of beers since he was the big winner of our 12-man outing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 08:43 PM

Went out with Entity, GoT and stabn. 2nd lifetime round ever. I'd done some work at the range the day before, but was still basically topping everything and bowling around the course.

My scorecard looked something like x 10 9 7 5 7 9 8 12 10 F U C K Y O U.

I did however, sink a 45 foot putt for a 5 on a par 4.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:54 PM

Dids,

It's pretty sweet IMO that your scores on the last seven holes actually spelled out a cuss word. That's something you can tell your grandchildren!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids,

It's pretty sweet IMO that your scores on the last seven holes actually spelled out a cuss word. That's something you can tell your grandchildren!

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT and stabn had action par all par 3's, two par 4's, and a long drive. I was getting my ass handed to me when the follow hole happened:

Back 9, first of back to back par 3's. GoT is obviously up first and hits to about 20' from the pin on the right side. He then turns around while we watch his ball roll to what looks like 2' from the pin but turns out to be 6' when we get up there.

Stabn answers with his only GIR of the day that hit 8' from the pin and sat. My only birdie putt of the year so far (although i've only been out three times) went about 5' but my only par of the year was good enough to take the monies over GoT's birdie because i'm such a fish i'm getting 1.5 strokes on par 3's.

The next hole won't be talked about. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]