View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
He started this thread http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8430312

Guess who is first to reply...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because we are friends who live in the same city and share the finding of new scripts. Nation used to grind 1-2 nl also (at stars) so he was in need of this script too.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 PM

Chuck: do you have any plans in the near future to set up a sweatshop in a remote village somewhere in India and then bank on the rakeback?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chuck, what did you do to prove to Full Tilt that you were not using a bot? Or did you let them run their own investigation?

I would like to have the FTP rep on here to answer questions. Identical/near identical PT stats over 100k hands for multiple players has to be the biggest indicator for bot play, so I wonder what other factors they take into consideration? Do they even look into PT Stats? And if they do, how strong does evidence to the contrary have to be to exonerate suspected bots?

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP shared no details with me during the 1 month investigation. I asked them too contact me if they needed any details to help expedite the investigation. They never asked for any details.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WTF, I'm rusty on my statistics, but are you going to tell me that a .5% difference in VPIP over 100,000 hands is 3 SD's? [censored], post your math.

[/ QUOTE ]

(14%)*(1-14%)/sqrt(100000) = .038% = 1SD

Of course it's higher than that because all 100,000 decisions are not independent identically distributed.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 PM

please,
no more sweatshop comments

DUCY?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The VPIP #'s are well over 3 standard deviations apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain what you mean by "over 3 standard deviations apart?" Standard deviations are used when samples are taken from the *same* distribution, not when arguing that samples are taken from different distributions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Methodologically, start from the assumption that they are from the same distribution. If they are indeed 3SD's out (which I doubt, FWIW) this is pretty strong evidence of the null hypothesis of separate distributions.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:06 PM

Chuck,

Forget my previous post.... - what I would like please is a screenshot of your PT stats for all the players linked together to show that they don't have identical stats....

Vava
Old 05-09-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many of you guys are using specific instances as evidence as to them using bots, and that's counterintuitive. I guarantee the folding to min bets or minraises happens sporadically or rarely, and that in itself is proof that it's not a bot playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I know I'm a low-post person (so, according to a poster early on in this thread, I have no validity) but there also seems to be evidence that the bot owner created a new account on 2p2 to try to divert attention away from himself. Why would an innocent person do that?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chuck, i want to know why none of you guys try to improve your game. ie. why do you all play the same style, you're playing break even, if you're all sitting together playing shouldn't there be some serious discussion on how to play hands better?

[/ QUOTE ]

We play for rakeback and low variance. The system we use provides both of these. it is a low winrate, but it's enough for us.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 PM

I grew up in Ebensburg and it's only a 20 minute drive to J'town. My best friend is one of the chiefs of police for the suburbs/outskirts of J'town ...